Chapter Seventeen Part Two-Where I Meet Alesha

Unedited

Chapter Seventeen Part Two

"Where are we going?" I asked, taking in the hundreds of S.W.A.T vehicles.

"Somewhere we can talk privately." The woman replied.

I watched as she looked around the parking lot. She led me to a black BMW, the widows tinted. She ushered me in the seat behind hers. She started the vehicle, it roaring to life. She pulled out quickly, dodging the other cars.

I wanted to question her, ask her what was going on. Why the S.W.A.T team was here and why did Robert get taking away. Where was Robert now? Where is she taking me? So many questions I wanted to ask but decided I'd learn soon.

"Ask." The woman said.

"What?" I mumbled.

"Ask your questions while you can." She rolled her eyes.

I frowned, I don't like this woman. I stayed silent thinking what my firsts question should be.

She sighed annoyed, "Were here because of your safety."

"My safety?" I asked confused.

"Your in danger." She said it as if it was the most normal thing in the world, like she just told me I had ordered pizza.

"Why?" I kept a monotone.

"We know all about you Miss Montez. We know your mother was a whore who had a pimp. We know your father was never in your life. You have a sister named Laila who is married to a man in the army. We know he was just stationed here. We know you share a condo with a roommate named Lacey. We know where you work, how old you are, where you live, and we know your..." She paused looking at me from the rearview mirror, "Past."

The way she talked she knew everything about me. I didn't like that she knew and others knew things about me. The one thing that stuck out to me was how she said she knew my past. I decided to not show any emotions to the information she just shared.

"Who?" I asked.

"What?" She frowned.

For a woman who seems smart she sure acts stupid.

"Who is after me?" My voice calm.

"You'll learn that in just a few minutes." She took a turn.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Your going home." She stated, "Don't tell anyone what happened tonight. Not friends, your roommate, or family. Pretend nothing happened but you had a boring night out."

"What about my car?" I asked.

"It will be there in a couple hours." She mumbled.

"If I'm in danger then how is it safe for me to be home?" I asked.

"Because he hasn't learned where you live yet. We want to keep it that way." She said firmly. "Don't leave your condo."

"I can't just stay home! Who is he and why is your team involved.?Why isn't the police involved instead?" I hissed.

"Listen!" She spat, "If you want to stay alive then you must stay home! You go around anyone other then who is inside your condo, there is a chance they'll suffer from you're bad choices."

I stiffened, knowing exactly what she meant. "What if I leave, what then? What if I change my appearance, everything. Not telling anyone who I really am beside my family. What if I leave everything I have now, leave my job, friends, just everything. Will he still be after me whoever he is?"