I don't need to think long for an answer, "Confidence. And me you?"

The guy is silent for a while, "Peace. You're so tiny compared to me, but I feel so safe with you. You're my safe haven. When we were in the car, running away, I felt with all my being that I was ready to hide even for the rest of my life if it was for your safety. I was made to always protect you, because you, in turn, rid me of my doubts, my demons."

"You also rid me of mine," I whisper with my eyes closed.

Aiden, seeing that it's getting harder for me to fight sleep, covers me more tightly with a blanket.

I hope he didn't say anything else, because my consciousness immediately stopped responding to reality.

***

In my sleep, I suddenly hear a gentle, "Vivian."

My eyes hardly want to open, there is a strong but pleasant soreness in my body.

I feel a light kiss first on my forehead, then on my cheek and finally on my lips.

Smiling, yet without opening my eyes, I stretch out my arms to hug Aiden.

"I have to leave on business. Leo is free, he will take you to the lecture and back," the guy whispers and presses a soft kiss on my temple.

I'm falling asleep right on his shoulder.

"Are you feeling well?" Aiden worries, seeing my condition.

I hurry to calm him down, muttering, "Yes, everything's fine. I just want to sleep."

"No wonder, it's not even 6 am yet," a smile can be heard in his voice.

I turn my face, nuzzling his neck, "Don't go away."

Aiden sighs heavily, "You have no idea how much I don't want to go, but I can't stay. I promise to be back as soon as possible."

Being deprived of his closeness, I lose the sleep-inducing warmth and finally open my eyes.
Only now the guy is gone.

The lecture at the university is at 11 am, so I still have enough time to curl up in bed.

Having almost fallen into oblivion in the cocoon of the blanket, I remember that I didn't set the alarm yesterday, and I reach for my phone to fix it.

Now I can go back to sleep.

***
A stranger is looking at me in the bathroom mirror - an embarrassed smile, sparkling eyes, a gentle blush from memories of last night, unusually bright lips (as I guess, from endless kisses).

The thing is happiness is marked on my face.

Only red marks on my arms and legs, turning into bruises, spoil the blissful picture.

My mood is a little spoiled, and I tear my gaze away from the reflection in the mirror, starting to get ready for an outing to the university.

I don't want to bother Leo once again, so I text him to tell that I will get there on my own, and we can go back home together.

"Just not home, but to the place I've been wanting to take you to for a long time," he answers finally.

On the one hand, I want to refuse in order to get home to Aiden as soon as possible, however, on the other hand, curiosity doesn't allow me to miss the opportunity to see and learn something new, so I just answer Agreed and go have breakfast.

Since I'm not a student, visiting the university doesn't take much time - just one Orpheus' class and I'm free.

Feeling uncomfortable in the company of strangers, I always try to sit in the back.