Chapter 69 : His Silver Lining

- - - - ♡ - - - -

ho raha hai jo, ho raha hai kyon 

tum na jaano, na hum

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Nikhil was home earlier than usual. He had a few meetings he could join in from home, so he decided to reach home early for a change. Shreya had just returned from her trip. Nikhil helped her transfer her luggage up to her home.

"How was you trip?" Nikhil asked as he placed the suitcase by the wall. His eyes drifting towards her desk. She had decorated the entire wall with photographs, lights and other artwork. A typical girl's room. Even as a kid she was always very creative. He still remembered his she'd decorate the room the three of them shared as kids with hanging stars and stickers on the wall.

"Good. Jaipur is beautiful."

He smiled at her formally, his fingers reaching his spectacles. "That's great."

"You had lunch?" He asked as a silence fell.

"Oh yes, on the flight."

"Great."

"You're home early, today?" She asked as she settled on the bed after switching on the fan.

"Yes. Didn't have any important meetings today so I thought I would reach home and then connect."

"Good call. The traffic in the evening is a pain which is why I always prefer afternoon flights."

Nikhil nodded. "You freshen up and take rest. I will see you later."

"Later," she nodded with a smile.

Nikhil walked out of the room, slowly shutting the door. Who would say they were real siblings? He was trying. But it was so damn hard. He sighed crossing the hall, making his way towards his room.

* * *

In the evening, Nikhil had grabbed a cup of coffee from the kitchen and was climbing up the stairs, wondering when Sharanya would be home. He paused as he heard the laughter of his siblings.

Curious, he took a few steps towards his sister's room where the sound came from. He stood peeping in through the ajar door.

"Seriously, you bought me a watch?"

"Be grateful, I bought you something."

"The second watch you're gifting me," Saahil spoke as he lay on the bed.

"I should have bought mojaris then."

"What are mojaris?"

"They are handcrafted traditional footwear made of leather. "

"Oh thanks, I love my shoes."

Shreya chuckled.

"See what I bought for myself." She said and brought out a heavily embroidered skirt with mirror work.

"Wow, don't go to a disco wearing that."

"Come on bro!"

"And, I bought dress for Sharanya." She added, bringing out a deep maroon dress. "Do you think she'll like it?"

"I don't know. Isn't it too simple?"

"Yes, it is. But have you not noticed that simple if her style."