Chapter 57 : New Home

- - - - ♡ - - - -

chup hain baatein,

dil kaise bayan main karoon

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Time had gone by in a blur. It was Sunday evening and Nikhil was seated at the dining table with his siblings and mother, while Sharanya was serving the dinner. His mother looked remarkably happy.

Nikhil had kept his interaction with his brother to the bare minimum. Whole he had a nice chat with Shreya. His mother and Sharanya had been busy with the kitchen things and other house stuff.

Nikhil couldn't believe it was the same house. Saahil had bought the penthouse flat right above theirs and had got the interiors redone. It was now a fancy duplex apartment. Saahil and his mother had rooms on the lower floor, while Shreya had a room on the upper flow. Nikhil was glad he had been given the master bedroom on the upper floor.

He had his office desk set in his room. The bed wasn't as big as in their old home, but he had to admit, the balcony and wardrobes were done really well. If he had to admit, Saahil had really transformed the house. The kitchen was fully modular, he had combined the dining area and the kitchen, so it was open kitchen concept. Although his mother didn't like that, he loved it.

"Nikhil," Sharanya broke him out of his admiration for the kitchen offering him some rice.

"Yes, please," He said and she scooped some rice onto his plate.

She sat on the chair beside him. "Done with that email?"

"Yes," He answered. She smiled and nodded.

It was like she was reliving her first day at her in-laws all over again. However this time, she was comfortable with Nikhil and to some extent with her mother-in-law. She finally felt a part of the family as his mother involved her in setting up the kitchen. The older woman kept complaining about Shreya not being interested in matters of the kitchen and how it was important she started showing interest so that she found a good groom.

Sharanya didn't agree with her mother-in-law's thoughts but she was smart enough to not express her opinions.

"Sharanya, can you pass the bowl of rice." Saahil requested. Nikhil watched him as his brother took the bowl from Sharanya's hands.

"The pulao is absolutely delicious!" He complimented.

Sharanya smiled politely.

"I agree, this is yummy," Shreya added.

"You should learn how to cook from her." Her mother commented.

"Amma, please, don't start again," Shreya complained.

Sharanya glanced at Nikhil. He was oddly very quiet. She wondered how he felt with this change.

After dinner, Sharanya wrapped up the kitchen as quick she could so that she could get to spend some time with Nikhil. She was making her way to the stairs when Saahil came by to talk to her.

"Hey, well settled here?" He asked.

"Yes, I think it will take some time to get used to. But the home is very comfortable."

He nodded.

"What about him?" Saahil asked.

Sharanya had no clue how to answer that. She decided to be honest. "I am not sure..."