Chapter 31 : Disappointment

- - - - ♡ - - - -

yeh moh moh ke dhaage

- - - - ♡ - - - -

Nikhil had a fantastic first half of Monday. He had finally mustered enough courage to speak up his mind and heart before Sharanya. He was in awe of how she took care of small things, especially the small tasks she just did for him. No one had ever cared for him as his mother did. It was just his mother, who'd put up with his odd habits and fancies, and care for him no matter what. But now he had Sharanya too.

He glanced at his phone. No message or call from his mother yet. He drew out a breath and put the phone away, directing his gaze to the computer screen. He wasn't wrong, neither was Sharanya. His mother should understand that it was not necessary to put up with people just because you shared genes with them.

He missed his mother. He would have been terribly lonely was he all by himself. But he had Sharanya. Their new relationship occupied most of his head space. Nonetheless, he still missed his mother.

His not-so-happy face was finally replaced with one that was lit up with a smile when he had opened his lunch bag in the afternoon. A handwritten note waited for him there. He picked it up with a heartfelt smile.

Salad, Dal and Rice. This is Dal Tadka version 2. I hope you enjoy your meal. Best consumed hot.

Go for a short walk in the sun, if time permits.

He smiled, she seemed to have taken his Vitamin D deficiency quote seriously.

This is exactly what he had been missing on. Someone who genuinely cared, whose little thoughtful acts could make him smile. There was someone who waited for him back at home. Someone who cared about what he ate or what he did.

However, he wasn't sure how to make the initial steps in their relationship. He had read a ton of articles on the internet for help. All of them, mostly, advised to lay a strong foundation of trust, show care and express what you genuinely liked about the person. So on and so forth.

Among other things, the advice that stood out was, show genuine interest and healthy flirting. Apparently, attention was key in a marriage. As for flirting, ostensibly women almost always loved it.

He smiled recollecting Arun's advice. At least some of it, he was putting into action, like stealing glances, smiling and making compliments. It was so easy to genuinely pay compliments, she was simply blessed in the cooking department. Something he always wished his wife to have. He remembered, Arun teasing him once of having such an eighties' man's mind-set. But it was what it was. He didn't see anything wrong with that.

He smiled as he heated the dal in the microwave. He finally settled on the chair. He remembered the events of the morning. He smiled to himself. Her beautiful shy smile was so deeply etched in his memory now. He was almost sure, he wouldn't forget it ever.

His relationship with Sharanya was beginning to feel like water. It was simple and flowed easy. He felt so lucky for having that. He had always been sceptical of having a wife. What if she would be demanding, have high expectations from him and be more focused on filling the title of his being wife than actually being a companion to him? Maybe that was reason why he had chosen Sharanya over Sheetal. Sharanya was different. He was so glad to have made that choice.

After tastefully consuming all of the food that was prepared for him he washed up and sat on his chair with his phone in hand. He had typed out message to Sharanya,

Along the Lines of Love | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें