"But Sahana you are pregnant"

"Yes.. I'm pregnant.."

"How will you.."

She looked elsewhere "I can manage alone.. Alone is better than being with that man.. Alone is better that my baby getting nonsensical learnings from that man.. Alone is definitely better than his male chauvinism.. Alone is better than running a family with his thoughts.. Alone is better than the constant fear of him"

Her eyes welled up as she spoke..

I didn't know what to say..

Her eyes were having so much pain..

I couldn't console her..

I let her cry..

She looked like she needed a shoulder to lean on.. So, I just gave her that shoulder..

Once she was done crying she looked at me "Sorry"

I was confused as to why she was saying sorry to me

"Why"

"Your shirt is stained with my tears"

Oh God!! Does that even matter..

"For that you are saying Sorry.. uff Sahana.. that's okay.. good that they have flowed out of your system.. that will probably lessen the pain for sometime"

She nodded and smiled a little..

"This is definitely not the Sahana I know.. the one I know doesn't stop talking and is a really outgoing and bold person.. she makes everyone around her smile.. that's the Sahana I know.. this Sahana is new to me but whatever it is Sahana I will be there.. Go home and rest.. we can talk about everything later.."

She smiled a little "Sometimes life teaches you such lessons Sherlyn.. It's not easy to come out of that.. my life taught me a big lesson.. I don't know if I will ever be able to come out of it"

I put my arm on her shoulder "You will come out of it Sahana.. don't worry.."

She just looked elsewhere "let's see"

That day she left after that.

We continued to meet to know the details and file a case. She started to open up to me and hearing her made me want to rip her so called husband apart..

We had to meet him and lawyer to talk about the case..

Sahana was reluctant but I wanted her to show it to his face that she didn't care about him..

But whatever happened there I didn't expect that..

Me and Sahana went to meet Vishwesh and his lawyer at their office..

The minute she saw Vishwesh she was shaking and trembling.. She held her baby bump protectively with her arms..

Her breathing got heavier as she kept looking at him.. fear danced in her eyes..

Her eyes welled up and she kept taking deep breaths holding her baby bump..

She started to step back.. I was surprised seeing this reaction from her..

She turned away to move from there.. she rushed outside again..

I went behind her.. she stood near our cab.. looking at her it felt like she was having difficulty in breathing..

I didn't expect this reaction at all!!

I offered water to her.. she gulped it down in one go.. she took out a box from her bag and gulped down a tablet..