Chapter 53

Sherlyn's POV

Flashback begins

My mentor and senior lawyer who runs our firm called me to his cabin..

I was so excited because he had promised me that I will handle the next case alone.. not just as his assistant..

I was waiting for that one step ahead in my career.. I entered his office..

I saw a woman sitting opposite to him..

He saw me and smiled "Sherlyn.. come.. take a seat"

I took a seat next to the woman.. she seemed familiar.. I felt like I have seen her somewhere.. but where..

My brain was trying to process and think where I have seen her or who she is..

"Sherlyn this is Sahana.. Sahana this is Sherlyn.. she will be the one handling your case"

Sahana.. I have heard this name somewhere..

She smiled a little at me and forwarded her hand towards me.. I too smiled and shook her hand..

I definitely know her.. I will figure it out..

Suddenly school memories popped up in my brain.. Sahana K.. School's SPL.. House captain.. ofcourse!! How could I forget..

I turned towards her "Sahana.. Sahana Krishnakumar right.. KVP school.. I'm Sherlyn.. Sherlyn Suzanne.."

She was surprised.. she shifted uncomfortably "Ummm yeah"

My senior smiled "So you both are schoolmates.. great.. then I suppose you both know eachother well enough.. so then there won't be much problem I guess"

She nodded while I smiled..

"So then can we discuss in my cabin NP?"

He nodded and smiled "Ofcourse"

She too nodded and stood up..

I was surprised!!

She was pregnant!!

I didn't think she would marry so soon and conceive.. but then everyone has their own choices right!!

We went into my cabin.. I helped her sit down and offered her water..

She took the glass from my hand and gulped it down..

She looked nervous and tensed..

I moved the seat next to her to face her and sat down "Sahana is everything fine.. are you fine"

She nodded but still didn't open her mouth to speak..

I was surprised if this is the same Sahana from school..

Those times I would wonder if she had a 'shut up' button.. but now she was making me wonder if there is any button to make her start talking..

Such contrasting shade to her is not something that I expected..

Fine I think I have to start the conversation.. maybe then she will talk..

"How have you been Sahana.. I haven't seen you since our school got over"

"Ye.. yeah I.. I'm fine.."

I cannot believe that this is Sahana!!

"So tell me what is issue.. what do we have to fight a case in court for?"

"I.. I want a divorce from my hu.. husband"

I was shocked.. Divorce from husband that too when she is pregnant..