Chapter 18

Abhi dragged Sahana with him as soon as he saw an ice cream cart. He turned towards Sahana "Tell me which flavour do you like", she shakes her head "I don't want ice cream". He looks at her with a dramatic shocked face "Sahana you should never say no to ice cream.. it's a sin..", she chuckles looking at him "You are crazy".

He looks at her "Now tell me what ice cream do you want", she smiles "Pistachio". He gets pistachio ice cream for her while he gets a kulfi for himself. He was happily eating his kulfi like an excited little kid, Sahana smiled admiring him, his inner kid was still there. She was too like him but now that kid in her was lost somewhere.

They both go back inside the park and sit down. Sahana looks at Abhi "How are you so happy at all times.. are there no situations where you feel down". He smiles "It's not like that.. I do feel low at times.. when I miss my dadda I feel low.. I wish I had more time with him.. I wish I could have done all the stuff little boys do with their dad.. I wish I could just have him in person with me instead of talking to the stars.. many feel I'm crazy in such cases

When I used to go on school trips my fellow students used to tease me and call me a crazy freak because I used to talk to the stars.. I do now also.. because Mumma always told me that the brightest star in the sky is my dadda.. it feels like I talk alone.. or to myself.. but whenever I want to tell something to my dadda doing that gives me a satisfaction that he is hearing me.. but I know no one would understand that.. so even it makes people think I'm crazy I do it.. I don't mind what others think..

It makes me happy and gives me a satisfaction.. that's it.. I always wanted to give Mumma the world.. because for me she is the most important person.. I don't know if I have made her feel proud ever because I know when she meets our relatives they keep taunts ready about me to throw at her.. you know.. I always wanted to find a girl who I would fall in love with and then get married.. and my Mumma promised me she wouldn't interfere.. and still I haven't found her.. so my relatives keep asking and taunting me and Mumma that I'm getting old.. and that she should get me married soon or I'll never get married..

It's not that I don't want to.. even I'm tired of being alone.. I feel alone when I see both my best friends happy with their wives.. but the relatives.. they don't understand that its simple I have not found the girl so I'm not ready to marry.. it's as simple as that but you know they love to poke their noses.. and I get irritated.. I snap at them.. but I knew it would hurt Mumma when sees them talking about me.. so I simply started ignoring any of the family functions.. it's only Mumma who attends them.. she has always supported me.. in every way possible and she continues to.. just like your brother is your support and strength.. it's my Mumma for me..

And you know Sahana.. you remind me of her at times.. I always tell this to Mumma but today I'm telling you.. you are one strong woman.. fighting against others is still easy but fighting against our one's own family and loved ones is not.. my mom did.. and you are doing it for Devansh.. now do it for yourself also.. I know you can.. you can fight your family too if they are wrong.. there is nothing wrong in it.. no matter who it is.. wrong is wrong Sahana".

She smiles at his encouragement "I'll try to.. but I don't know when it comes to Maa and Appa I just turn into their daughter.. their daughter who wants to see her parents happy and proud because of her once.. also because I feel I have let them down big time by going against their wishes.. but what you said is also right.. I'll try to make my family understand me also". Abhi smiles looking at her "That's the spirit Sahana", they both complete their ice creams, Abhi looks at her "Do you want to continue.. it's perfectly fine if you don't".

Sahana looks at him "I want to get this out of me.. it's been inside me for too long.. I'm feeling better when I'm letting it out.. but if you are not free or you need to go somewhere we can go back". Abhi smiles "No Sahana.. I'm absolutely free.. I'm happy I'm of some help atleast", she smiles looking at him "You don't know Abhi how much help you are.. thank you for being my friend.. and you know what I'm sure you will find your girl soon.. she would definitely be one lucky girl", he smiles looking at her.