Chapter 25 - I'm sure

Start from the beginning

Tony nodded and kissed Lia's forehead.

"Keep doing your best. I've got to finish this."

He got back in his suit and left.

"Jesus, how many of these giants does he have?" Steve huffed.

"Stand back," Tony demanded. "Jarvis, charge up."

Jarvis followed as per command and shoots an energy blast through the chest. Tony aimed at the Giants, immediately melting them. Thor threw his hammer, smashing the Giants and arrowed it to the entrance. To no avail, the ice did not budge.

"He's using his magic. We can't break through."

Thor continuously threw his hammer but it only came back like a boomerang. Tony shoots an energy beam and it barely left a scratch. Suddenly, they noticed the giants stopped coming and disappeared on their own. They furrowed their brows and paused. Tony landed to the ground, pulling Steve up on his feet.

"What's going on?" Tony asked.

"Loki?" Thor called out once again.

The ground began shaking once again and silence. The four of them stood frozen along with the others in the Quinjet. Receiving no response from Loki, Thor threw his hammer at the same wall but this time, it came crashing down. They rushed towards the mess and widened their eyes the moment they arrived.

Loki was covered in his own blood. His blue stained skin slowly drained and regained the colour of his skin. Blood covered his face and hands. He looked up and his eyes flashed red before dropping to his knees. Thor rushed towards his brother and helped him up.

"Are you alright, brother?"

Tony, Hulk and Steve rushed in after to see Utgard-Loki gone from the throne. Tony stomped towards Loki, fuming.

"Where is he? Where is that damned giant?!"

"H-He's gone..." Loki breathed out.

"You let him go?!" Tony exclaimed. "He kidnapped Lia and wished death on her."

Tony grabbed Loki by his collar, forcing Loki to look up at him.

"Tony, what are you doing?!"

"You never loved her, have you? For a second, I trusted you. I can't believe I trusted you!"

He raised his arm to punch Loki when Thor pushed Tony back with his hammer. Tony instantly lost his grip and dropped Loki before being thrown back by the hammer.

"You do not raise your hands on my brother!"

  Loki was on his fours, breathing heavily. He struggled to stand but he did. He looked at the two of them and spoke up before it turned to a fight.

"I...I—"

  He was cut off by a loud gasp that was heard from the earpiece.

  "Lia's awake!"

  Tony immediately dropped everything and flew up to the Quinjet. Steve sighed and grabbed on to Hulk while Thor helped Loki up. He held onto Loki and spins his hammer, flying both of them up. It took them less than five seconds to arrive at the scene before they proceed to take off.