Chapter Forty Four: Portraits

Start from the beginning

Aries cleared her throat giving it back to Sirius, shaking her head as she spoke. "I'm not using their money, I haven't since I left."

"You've not touched any of it?" Sirius asked.

"No, and I don't intend to." she replied. "I've not needed it so far, I've been fine as it is."

"There's loads of money in there, Air."

"I know, and it's not mine, it's theirs or yours, I don't care but it's not mine."

"Just out of curiosity, how much is in there?" Leo asked.

"Couple million." Sirius replied.

"Couple million?" Leo splurted, he turned to Aries. "If I knew you were that rich I would have married you sooner. So what you saying? Roughly about two or three mill?"

Sirius shook his head. "More."

"Five mill? Ten mill?"

Leo kept guessing as Sirius maintained a grin for every answer that was incorrect.

"Fifty million?!"

"Leo, you're never gonna guess it." Aries glimmered.

"It's not more than a hundred million is it? Is it?" he stared at their identical smiles. "I don't like it when you look at me like that."

"What look?" they both said in unison.

"I don't like that, you're acting like Fred and George."

A loud crack sounded as the twins appeared behind Leo making him jump away from them.

"You called?"

"No I didn't, go away."

"So rude." they muttered, shaking their heads as they apperated out of the room.

"I am still not used to that." Leo shuddered.

Aries grinned. "Awwh, don't worry, by the end of the summer you'll love it."

"No I won't."

☽☆☾

Daisy had spent hours searching through the shops of Diagon Alley, she'd gotten all of her school books, all her equipment and she had gotten her 9" cherry wood and dragon heartstring wand from Ollivanders, which she refused to put down even whilst eating her dinner.

Once she had fallen asleep for the night Aries and placed it on her nightstand, she looked back at her daughter, her teddy tucked under her arm, spell books had been sprawled out on the floor beside her bed, Solo was sleeping peacefully by the foot of the bed.

She smiled softly, turning off the light and went into the room her and Leo shared, he was on the bed reading the daily prophet. He had become very interested in the Quidditch column since Sirius had told him about the sport.

"Dais is out like a light, I think all the excitement got to her." Aries said.

Leo nodded as he leant the paper down towards his chest, "Did you know at the World cup, Bulgaria caught the snitch but Ireland won." he said, fascinated.

Aries grinned. "I wish Sirius hadn't told you about that."

"It's so cool,"

"I'll take you to the next world cup."

Leo nodded, folding the newspaper and putting it beside him. He pondered for a moment. "Can I ask you something?"

"It's not about the money is it? Because-"

"No, it's not about that. Although we're getting the hot tub I wanted last year, because I think we can afford it now."

She nodded and smiled. "When we go back home I'll buy you one."

"What's the cruciatus curse? And don't say it's nothing, I know when you lie."

"It's just a spell." she shrugged.

"You and I both know that's not true, Aries, what kind of spell is it? I heard your mum's portrait say it and then you and Sirius talking about it." Leo asked, he had now stood up, "If you don't tell me I'll just ask someone else."

"Leo, it's nothing, just drop it."

"It's not nothing if you're not telling me what it is." he said, his voice falling flat, she didn't respond. "Air, please tell me."

Aries shook her head, he reached for her hand, using his thumb to lightly stoke hers. His voice was soft and barely a whisper. "Aries?"

She took a deep breath. "It's... it's a umm... torture spell."

She closed her eyes not seeing his face fall. She hadn't told anyone about what her parents had done to her since the night she told Peter. She didn't realise how upsetting it was for her to talk about. She told him everything.

"Aries, you should have told me. "

"It's not really something I could have brought up into conversation." she sniffed. "Hey, guess what? I was tortured my entire childhood."

"Well no, but I shouldn't be finding out about it now, we're staying in the house that it happened in, are you sure you want to be here?"

"I'm not leaving Sirius here on his own, it happened to him as well." Aries shook her head. "Plus it happened years ago-"

"Just because it happened years ago doesn't make it invalid." Leo said, "It still happened to you."

Aries wiped at her cheek, "Sorry for not telling you sooner."

"You don't have to apologise, love," he replied, kissing her temple.  "Not about that."

____________

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed 🌟