Twenty Eight || Nothing More, Nothing Less

Start from the beginning

"I feel fine" I assure him.

He nods, "Well could you help me set the food?" he grabs a bowl and passes me.

I grab a bowl and follow him out.

They were all sitting there talking. I set the bowl down and sat down beside Grayson.

"Hey I heard what happened" Grayson whispers to me.

My eyes widen. I should have known that she would tell.

I shoot a glare at Leah. She holds her hands up, "He was begging me" she glanced at Grayson.

I sigh and just as James sits down I start dishing my plate.

~
I had just finished my meal, while everyone else was still eating. I set my plate in the sink and when to the living room and laid down on the couch.

I stretched out and changed the TV show to a more practical one.

Melissa & Joey

You can never go wrong picking this show, like ever.

I was ten twenty minutes in when a body flopped down by my feet.

I glance down and see James smiling back at me.

I shrug and he gives me the pouty lip.

"Can I lay with you, Vena?" he asks.

I roll my eyes and make room behind me. He slides in behind me and wraps his arm around me.

"Nothing like cuddling after dinner, my Darling" he whispers in my ear.

I roll my eyes and keep watching TV.

James grabbed my hand and laced his fingers through mine.

I yawned and a tear slipped out on to my cheek. You know those tears slip when you're tired or when you yawn.

I don't know why I was so tired, I mean I had a few naps today, but then again I was up til three waiting for James, which meant I only got four hours of sleep last night and I noticed that after you are on a plane, it makes you tired.

"If you're tired, get some sleep" James whispers.

I nod and turn over, so I'm facing his chest. he wraps both of his arms around me, pulling me closer to his chest.

I was this close to falling asleep until some ignorant asshole had to ruin it.

"Well well, what do we have here?" Grant's voice annoys me when I am trying to sleep.

"Dude, be quiet" James whispers.

I feel a dip by my feet. "Why are you cuddling Vena?" he whispers.

I feel James shrug, "I like her and she let me" he answers plainly.

Grant chuckles, "Don't screw with me, James. I know you don't like her" he scoffs.

"I told you this before, like five times and you still can't get it through your thick skull" James sighs.

Grant chuckles, "I thought you liked that girl in your class or whatever" he whispers.

"Grant. That is Vena" he runs his hand through my hair.

"She is an amazing beautiful creature" James whispers.

I smile at his words.

"Whatever. I don't want to know anymore" Grant, I assume, gets up and leaves the room.

"He's gone" James whispers in my ear.

I lift my head up and look at him. He smiles and places his hand on the side of my face.