57. Good Ol' Days

Start from the beginning

"Momm~ we talked about this." The girl whined.

"Cheesus, 'kay." She pouted playfully and left the room with the same tray but only a certain orange liquid was absent.

"Don't take mom seriously, okay? You know how she is." The thirteen-year-old repeated the same sentence so many times that even she couldn't remember which time it was now.

"Don't worry, I know." He winked at her, showing off his pearly white teeth.

"Now let's decide what should we do, either we do our homework and then play video games or let's play video games first and then do the homework with the little time remaining left?" She asked him casually placing her foot over each other on the coffee table but it was okay with him, he was used to her habits anyway.

"The second choice is tempting." He wiggled his eyebrows earning an equally eager smile from her.

✧ :゚・*°•»------🍼------«•°*・゚: ✧

A youngster trodded down the road by kicking pebbles so his mind stays off things. His eighteenth birthday was nearing and soon he would have to worry about bills and taxes like any adult would but the only problem was that it was soon, too soon.

"Seokjin!" He placed his headphones from his ears and down to his neck with turned around for a certain girl. Surprisingly, he couldn't find her anywhere.

"Boo!" Suddenly, a familiar figure jumped in front of him that almost sent him trampling down the hill. The orphanage he stays in is made on a hill and coincidentally her house was on the same hill too but on a different street, far from where he is. That's why the entire neighborhood was built on the hill and people had to go downtown to reach the main road of Seoul.

"What was...that?" He clutched his heaving heart as he blinked innocently.

"Had a desire to scare you, nothing more." She shrugged trying to bite in her laugh.

"And what if I fell?"

"You won't, you know I'm always there to catch you," Her eyes crinkled at the ends and her nose scrunched up cutely, " ..since you're so clumsy." She added right after causing the boy to smack her in the head.

"I hate you." He grumbled resuming his walk down the hill.

"I love you too." She quickly trailed after him adjusting her bag straps.

✧ :゚・*°•»------🍼------«•°*・゚: ✧

"My parents divorced." He sniffed and blew harshly into the handkerchief whose owner was sitting not too far away.

She flinched when he dropped the bomb but he just let out an empty snicker at her reaction, "Surprising isn't it?"

"It is."

"You don't have to sit here and listen to me wailing like a baby if you don't want to. You can leave if you want." He blew his nose once again.

"What nonsense! I'll stay here till your heart is somewhat stable and you're ready to go home."

"Home? Which one?" Her eyes softened at how he seemed lost when he uttered those words. His nose was crimson and cheeks tear-stained, eyes puffy, and skin pale.