LUKANETTE S4 - RISK - PT 5

Start from the beginning

'Huh.' Gabriel says.

Nathalie, now wearing the ring says, 'Adrien, it's time to go!'

Felix gasps. 'Uh— Yes, Nathalie.'

In Marinette's room, Marinette texts Luka:

Mari: "I really have to stop Adrien leaving Paris! He really doesn't want to go on this trip. He told me himself!"

Luka: "I don't really want him to go either, my angel. Paris won't be the same without him."

Mari: "True! I never thought about how many fans he has in Paris! What if people get so sad that he's leaving and get akumatised? Ugh...it will be the end of the world!"

Luka: "I'm sure Ladybug would still be able to save the day 😉"

Mari: "And Cat Noir!"

Luka: "Right... and Cat Noir. But wouldn't Adrien be almost on his way to the train station by now?"

The mark on the back of her neck glows.

Mari: "You're right! I need to meet him at his house and talk him out of it!"

Luka: "Class just finished for the day; I'll meet you there!"

The Kwamis are all surprised as she suddenly runs downstairs with Tikki flying quickly into her purse.

Marinette excitedly says to Tikki, 'Of course! Gabriel Agreste is a dragon, Adrien is prince imprisoned by the dragon. And to save a prince from a dragon, you need A KNIGHT!'

'And that knight, is you?' Tikki asks.

'Exactly! I will have to be Adrien's knight!' Mari smiles.

Tikki looks at her worriedly. 'Marinette, you've been taking too many risks today, something's wrong! I know Adrien is your friend, but are you sure you should be doing this?'

Marinette gets affected by the risk mark again.

'I know it's risky, but it's important! In saving Adrien, I'll save Paris too!'

In the park, Adrien, dressed as Felix, is having conversation with Plagg.

Plagg smiles. 'C'mon, don't just sit here! For once, you can do whatever you want! Like, buying all the cheese you want, and then eating it all! Camembert, Roquefort, Reblochon!'

'No! Felix is gonna call me any second' Adrien replies.

Adrien gets an incoming call from Kagami on his phone.

Adrien gasps. He answers. "Kagami?"

Kagami replies angrily. "Adrien, I saw you on TV this morning, and I know that you don't want to leave. Especially with that lying, two-faced Lila. Once again, you let your father decide for you! How long are you going to remain his puppet, Adrien? You were supposed to tell him you didn't want to go! I know you're still going because that Lila idiot keeps putting posts up on her social media about it!"

She starts crying. Adrien gasps. "Kagami...I..." He wanted to be there to hold her. "Please don't cry Kagami. My cousin is gonna talk to him, and- "

Kagami gets annoyed. "What? You're letting your COUSIN do things for you now? Who's pulling the strings of your life? Your cousin? Your father? It's never YOU! You're only good at doing what people tell you to do! Dare to cut your strings, Adrien! The only one who should decide what you do with your life, is YOU!"

Adrien gasps in shock.

Kagami stops and contemplates for a moment, then genuinely apologizes for her harsh manner. "Adrien, ...Forgive me if I hurt you. It's just... I just got you back and... I don't want to lose you!" She bursts into tears and hangs up sadly.

Plagg is shocked. 'Wow, that girl has more character than any cheese I've ever tasted!'

The risk mark activates, and Adrien scratches his neck.

Adrien looks up determinedly. 'Kagami's right! I should have stood up to my father from the very beginning! Felix shouldn't be fighting my battles for me, I need to take my own rightful place, and tell my father what I have to tell him MYSELF!' He types out a message to Felix: "Felix, stop everything. I'm on my way!"

At the Agreste mansion, Gabriel bids 'Adrien' goodbye.

'Safe travels, Adrien.' Gabriel says.

'Thank you, father' Felix replies.

Felix's phone beeps and he reads Adrien's message, only to stubbornly ignore it right away.

Marinette runs to the corner, watching the family car speeding off into distance.

'Oh, no! I'm too late!' she says.

'Mari!' Luka calls out on his bicycle. 'Hop on!' he cries, holding out a helmet.

'Luka! You're a lifesaver!' Mari smiles, as she hops on and Luka cycles to the train station as fast as he can.

Adrien groans at Felix's lack of reply. 'I should've known... he's tricked me again! It's time to end this game! I'm gonna talk to my father, MYSELF!'