LUKANETTE - GANG OF SECRETS - PT 6

Rena Rouge, Alix and Chat came out of the pool with the pool life saver and Chat gave it to me.

'I think this belongs to you LB!' Chat said with a wink.

'Thanks Kitty. Miraculous Ladybug!' I exclaimed as I threw the life saver up in the air and the miraculous ladybugs fixed all the damage, including the swaying Eiffel Tower.

'Pound it?' Rena said, holding her fist out.

'Pound it!' Cat Noir and I replied simultaneously as we did a triple fist bump.

My miraculous started to beep. 'I'd better get going! Rena, come with me!' I said.

'Me too, see you later girls!' Cat Noir said to my friends as we parted ways.

I took Rena to a nearby secluded alleyway.

'Let's rest!' she said as she detransformed back into Alya. She and Trixx did a high five.

'Thank you Ladybug!' Alya said.

'No, thank YOU' I replied. Without you and Cat Noir, I wouldn't have made it through today. I'm really lucky to have friends like you' I smiled, as we hugged each other.

My miraculous beeped more than before. 'Now I'd really better be going! Bug out!' I exclaimed as I swung away as Alya waved at me.

As soon as I swung back up to my balcony and detransformed, I knew I had one more job to do.

I messaged my friends in a group chat.

'Please meet me back in my room in half an hour. I owe you all an apology.'

I made sure the miraculous box and the Kwamis were safely hidden before my friends came back up through my trap door one by one.

'I'm so sorry you guys. I have just been stressing about taking on too much work lately and I just snapped and took it all out on you. I'm so sorry! I love you guys!'

'Aww!' 'Rose replied.

'Apology accepted' Juleka winked.

'No biggie!' Alix replied.

'We're always here to help, no matter what!' Mylene replied.

'Yeah, you always do so much for us, we're always happy to help you out whenever you need help girl!' Alya replied.

'Group hug!' Rose cried out as we all got up and put our arms around each other in a friendly hug.

'Oh Marinette! I almost forgot! Write your name on this bead so we can finish your bracelet!' Mylene said.

'Oh, sure!' I replied as she gave me a flat bead and a permanent marker and I write my name.

Then Mylene opened my window and put down some newspaper and got out some clear glitter spray and sprayed the bead on top of the paper. Then she got out a fan and fanned it for a minute to speed up the drying process. I was impressed!

'Done!' Mylene said as she put my name bead on a bracelet with five other blue discs already on it.

Then Mylene came up to me. 'Marinette Dupein-Chang, this gift is for you, to remind you that we are always here to help you if things get too overwhelming for you. And we'll always be your friends, forever!'

I took it in my hand and I had tears in my eyes as I read all my friends names. Mylene. Rose. Juleka. Alix. And most importantly, Alya.

'It's beautiful! I love it!' I replied, almost crying as I put it on. 'Actually...speaking of taking on too much, I actually could use some help. I need to finish this dollhouse for Manon for her birthday in two weeks as well as work on a design for Jagged's new album cover.

'I thought that was a present for Manon!' Mylene exclaimed.

'I love scrapbooking Marinette! I would love to use some scrapbook paper to help decorate the inside walls!' Rose offered.

'And we'd love to help with the new album cover for Jagged!' Alya added.

'Ya, awesome!' Juleka added.

'Thanks girls!' I replied. 'Are you free tomorrow?' I asked.

'Anything for our good friend!' Alix replied.

'But for now, what are we going to do now?' Rose piped up.

'Hey, the pool is still open another couple of hours!' Alix suggested.

'And we still have our swimmers and towels!' Mylene added.

'You thinking what I'm thinking girl?' Alya winked at me.

'To the pool!' I said as I grabbed my swimmers and a towel and we headed downstairs, laughing and chatting.

'That's better, you all seem much happier!' Mom said. 'Where are you off to now?'

'Oh, I found my swimmers, we're off to the pool now!' I called out.

Mom shook her head at me with a confused look as I just smiled thinking I had the bestest friends in the world.

Luka texted me on the way. 'Hey, did you and your friends make up after your fight?'

'Yeah, we did! Thanks for everything, and your advice!'

'You're welcome my angel! ❤' he texted back as Alya grabbed my phone.

'Hey, give that back!' I said giggling.

'Is that Luka?' Alya asked. 'No more texting, this is a girls only day out, no boys allowed!' she said.

'Alya! Give it back!' I laughed.

'You can get it back at the end of the outing Miss Dupein-Chang!' she said with a laugh.

We had a great afternoon swimming and the next day they helped me get so much done, it was great having their input and ideas.

I settled down to sleep that night, so happy that I had the best friends in the world.

'I'm so happy that you could work everything out with your friends and still keep your secret Marinette!' Tikki smiled.

'Same here Tikki!' I replied. 'It's so nice having this reminder that they are always with me, wherever I go too' I smiled as I looked fondly at my bracelet and all their names on it. I only ever took it off to shower and even loved sleeping with it on.

'Being Ladybug is important Marinette, but it's also important to have friends to help and support you so you don't burn yourself out' Tikki said. 'Also being able to relax is important too and your friends and Luka help with that too!'

'Yes, I'm so lucky to have them all in my life' I sighed happily as I settled down to sleep, finally feeling less stressed and more rested than ever.

THE END