"Who are they?" A pale girl with brown hair whispered to her friends.

"I don't know, but they're hot" one of the boys responded, making both Hermione and Ginny roll their eyes. They decided to ignore the group and make their way inside, it was rather warm with a strong scent of coffee and fried bacon. They took a seat near a window, close to a table with a man in a sheriff's uniform and a pale girl with long brown hair and dull eyes. They looked quite similar, which made Hermione assume they were father and daughter.

"Hello, what can I get you lovely ladies" The waitress announced with a friendly smile. Ginny looked over at me with pleading eyes, making me want to giggle.

"Could we get two strawberry milkshakes and some chocolate covered pancakes, please" The waitress nodded her head and wrote it on her notepad before smiling at us and walking off.

"She was friendly," Ginny said with a curious expression.

"They aren't all like that, there are some who are bloody bitchy" I responded with an eye roll. She let out a scoff and leaned back into her chair, though she could feel someone staring at her and when she turned her head, she noticed a pale girl with brown hair looking in their direction with suspicious eyes.

"What the fuck is she looking at?" Ginny whispered and nodded her head in the direction of the girl. Hermione turned her attention and noticed that she still had not looked away, instead, her gaze seemed to intensify.

"Maybe she's jealous of the beautiful redhead," Hermione said with a shrug, making Ginny scoff before laughing. However, her laughter halted and she looked at Hermione with wide eyes.

"Mione, I haven't got any money" She groaned quietly and placed her forehead against the cold table. Hermione let out a snigger, gaining her attention once again.

"I'm serious"

"Gin, I have more than enough money to provide for both of us and our future children and grandchildren" Hermione stated with an eye roll, she waited for a response but after a few moments of silence, she turned towards Ginny, who was staring at her with wide eyes and her mouth open.

"What?"

"I knew you were rich but not that fucking rich," She said loudly, gaining some people's attention from the other tables. Hermione sent them a glare, making them flinch slightly and turn back around.

"Will you shut up" She hissed to her friend, who rolled her eyes and leaned back in her chair with her arms crossed over her chest. It wasn't long until the waitress had arrived with their food and the plates were cleared within minutes.

"That was delicious" She announced, sending a wink toward the waitress who blushed, making Hermione shake her head fondly.

"Must you flirt with everyone"

"Hello, ladies, my name is Charlie Swan. I'm the sheriff of this town, are you new? I have never seen you around here before" The man from the table next to us said, introducing himself with a friendly tone but I could see he was suspicious of us.

"I'm Hermione and this is Ginny, we arrived yesterday and moved into our new home"

"That's great, welcome to Forks. Where about do you live?" Hermione raised an eyebrow, whilst Ginny glared at his daughter who was watching the interaction with curiosity and disgust.

"Thank you and not too far from here"

"What school are you going to?" His daughter asked with a cold tone. Hermione looked the girl up and down for a moment before putting on a fake smile.

"We don't go to school" Ginny responded with a shrug.

"Why not? How old are you?" The girl huffed in frustration.

"Eighteen and nineteen, now if you will excuse us, we should be going" Charlie nodded his head hesitantly and moved to the side, Hermione threw some money onto the table and followed Ginny outside.

"What the fuck are their problems? And what in Merlin's name is a sheriff?"

"A sheriff is similar to an Auror" She responded with a small 'oh' before shrugging her shoulders. They decided to go food shopping before sending the items to their home and taking a run through the forest.

Once they arrived at the edge of the forest, a potent scent immediately hit our noses. Making them screw up slightly.

"Vampires"

"I would say there's around six, maybe seven close by," Hermione said before shaking her head, trying to shake away the tense muscles.

"Will they smell us?"

"Not sure, we are the only ones with our type of scent. I don't think they could pick up a vampire or wolf scent on us, but I guess we will see in a few moments" Hermione nodded her head towards Ginny and used their vampire speed to run through the woods. Everything seemed so much brighter, they could see small things magnified and can dodge any fallen trees or hanging branches with ease.

"They're following us," Ginny said through a laugh.

"Let's outrun them" and with that, they pushed themselves to go faster. They could sense them not too far behind them, but the distance was becoming further and further until they no longer felt that they were being followed. They began to swing on trees and jump from one branch to another until they finally spotted their home. They jumped off the tree with a thud, handing on their feed with ease and made their way inside, making sure to cast a barrier around the home in case the vampires sniffed them out.

"That was fun" Hermione laughed as they made their way into the kitchen, where multiple bags were placed on top of the island. With a flick of her wand, Ginny made the items separate into their rightful place and within minutes, the cupboards, fridge and freezer were stocked with food and drinks.

"Oh, how I love magic"