The Crush

I sat on the hill where I had started to come more often.It was quite close,but just far enough that I could be alone.
I decided to call it The Getaway Hill.

The stars twinkled in the sky above me,beautiful and mysterious.They were dead cats from StarClan,or that's what my mother told me at least.

I thought it'd be quite boring being a star,just floating up in the sky all the time.Then one night they might decide to go for a fly,and become a shooting star!

"Gingerleaf? You up here?"A panting voice asked.A few moments later,Silvershine slumped beside me.

"Yeah.What's up? And why are you so tired?"

"I had to run all this way.I didn't want to miss you,because I have a serious question to ask."She replied,straightening her posture and turning to look at me.

"Okay,what is it?"I was curious,eager to know what my friend had to say.

"Did you-Have you...ever had a crush on someone?"She looked at her paws,seeming slightly nervous.

"Hmm,I suppose so...Possibly,I'm not exactly sure...Mabye?"I guess I never thought about it,or getting a mate.

"Oh,"She nodded her head slowly. "Okay..."

"Why? Do you have one? A crush,I mean."I tilted my head,watching the silver she-cat carefully.

"Umm,mabye? I mean,yes.But I don't think they like me back..."She looked up at the starlit sky,closing her eyes. "It's okay though,I'll probably never find someone.But I guess I don't need one.Girl power,am I right?"She laughed weakly,although it sounded forced.

I gazed at her sympathetically. "You'll find someone if the time and cat is right,I promise."I rested my tail on her shoulder gently,then turned and started to make my way back down the hill.

I heard Silvershine start to follow me,and smiled softly.I felt bad for her,hopefully her crush would start to like her back.It was a hard feeling,having a crush,especially if they don't like you back.

<>

I woke to the sound of a raven's call,echoing around the empty forest I was standing in.Mist swirled around my paws,and the ground was cold and hard.This didn't seem like StarClan,or any normal dream.

"Hello?"I meowed,stepping forward a few steps.I gasped in surprise as the world around me suddenly changed.Instead of the creepiness of the forest,there was a meadow of flowers and a stream of cold,running water.Fish jumped out of the river,splashing around and having fun.Birds flew high above,chirping and calling to their friends.

I saw a shape in the distance,which I assumed was a cat.Starting towards it,I saw it was heading for me,and looked familiar.

It was nice to have such a nice dream,to break up the stress of StarClan dreams and my difficult life.

"Gingerleaf? What are you doing in my dream?"Tinystorm's confused call sounded from in front of me,as she slowed and stood there,gazing at me fondly.

"I was thinking the same thing,but I don't know."I shrugged. "I just woke up here."

"Well,I'm glad you're here! Now we can have fun,just you and I in the world of a dream."She sighed happily,gazing around.Sunlight beamed down onto her fur.

"Let's lie down in the meadow and listen to the birds."I grinned,already flopping down.The ground was soft and warm,completely different from the spooky forest and its cold,hard ground.

Tinystorm laid down next to me,purring and closing her eyes. "Just listening to the calmness around us is comforting."She breathed.

"It is.It reminds me of-"

"Guys? What are you doing here?"A confused meow asked from a little ways away.

We opened our eyes and glanced over to see Silvershine staring at us with wide eyes.

"You're in my dream? Or am I in yours?"She flicked her ear,padding over to sit down beside me.

"I don't even know anymore,"I chuckled. "I met Tinystorm in my dream,but mabye this is her dream.But now you're here,so I haven't a clue."I shrugged.

"Well,"Tinystorm blinked. "At least we are all here,so we can enjoy this together."Her voice seemed a bit strained,and her smile seemed a bit forced,but I ignored that.Mabye she was just tired,or stressed.

"Alrighty."Silvershine laid down next to me,staring up at the blue sky. "This is nice."

I nodded,closing my eyes again.I felt Tinystorm wriggle on my other side,but she stilled a moment later.

"This dream is still weird,"Tinystorm meowed after a bit of silence. "Mabye it's not even a dream?"

"I think it is."Silvershine frowned. "I've never seen this place before."

"Can you only dream about places you've seen before?"I questioned,feeling the heat of the sun warming my fur.I was starting to get a bit hot,due to the sun shining down on me and the two cats pressed against my sides.

"I think so,or at least I've only dreamt of places I've seen."Silvershine murmured.

"Well,I hope we have more dreams like this,"I smiled. "I enjoy our time together.It's not all the time you get a nice break like this."

"Yeah."Both my friends said at the safe time,which caused us to burst into giggles.

These are the things I love,just my friends and I enjoying our time together.

Friends are more important than anything.Well,almost anything.