Chapter 5: Does She Love Me?

Ruhi Singhania

"What happened?" I heard Ahaana ask. I kept on scrolling the page and reading the article. Suddenly someone snatched the phone from my hand.

Advik was now reading it. His eyes went wide. Now I realised why they were looking at us like that in the parking lot.

" What the hell?" Advik said and I turned to him. Before I could say anything my phone started ringing. I took it from his hands and picked it up.

" Did you read it?"

" Yeah I did. It's a lie. Just a scandal."

"You never fell into those."

" It's not my fault."

" Who is he? Why were you hugging him?"

" I will tell you once I come."

"Don't tell after coming that you are dating him."

" I will hang up."

" Wait, don't bring some expensive gift."

" Ok." With that I hung up and suddenly was bombarded with questions.

" Will someone tell me what happened?"

" A Dating Scandal" I said as her expressions softened but the curiosity not going out.

" What? Whose? Your? With whom?"

" Someone took a photo of us when we were in the parking lot of my company and made it a scandal." Advik spoke up.

" It's just a scandal. Just deny it." Ahaana said.

"But it's not just that. They are asking where my family is. Till today nothing was revealed to the media of my friends or family. Nobody knows where I belong to. They just know my life after I went to New York. And if I would be found hugging someone rather it would be my boyfriend or rather my long lost brother. If I tell them it was just the deal, the hug would simply not explain that and if I would say the truth. They would surely ask about my family, my background, where I studied and how we got seperated. And I am not really sure if I want to reveal it still." I took a deep sigh.

I don't know what to do. There is already much going on in the company and if the deal would be affected it wouldn't be good.

" I am sorry, I should have kept it in mind. Let's just ignore it. There is just one article. Maybe it would just pass. Let's hope it wouldn't go bad. And if something happens let's just postpone the interview for the project." Advik said. I just hope it wouldn't affect him.

"Don't be sorry. It wasn't your fault either and about the article let's just ignore that. I already have a lot on my plate." I spoke and returned to my laptop.

"You two should actually date each other when even in the school and now also everybody thinks you both are dating. Well I will go and take a shower." With that she went to her room.

I started my work. But my mind was really not on my work. I never fell into scandals as I never meet or talked friendly to someone. That is more of a reason that the world wants to know about me. I never thought in the starting that this all would affect me. My social media is full of work-related posts.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Suddenly a sweet fragrance filled my nostrils.

" Woah! It smells so good. You really should become a chef." He looked up at me but he looked kind of upset. But he covered up with a smile.

"It's not late should I become one? I am just 30 you know."

" You are 30? My god that's old. You didn't get married still? You always wanted to get. Both of you had the same dream." I said while indicating to Ahaana's room. Lhe just rolled his eyes and shrugged.