Night swimming

I'm currently standing in a towel with my hair done and a full face of makeup trying to figure out what to wear. We've all been here before. I know I shouldn't be this indecisive about it, but I can't tell if this is a date or not. If it is this would be the first, and that's a big deal. I rummage through my suitcase again trying to find the perfect outfit, but nothing really catches my eye. I finally come across this royal blue satin dress, and I feel relief come over me. This dress could definitely work. 

I slip on the blue dress as I analyze it with my natural face of makeup and lose curls. As the dress leaves my back exposed, the blue pops against my skin.  I automatically decide to wear it and begin looking for the right jewelry and heels to match it. I slide on some bright orange heels that lace up my ankles and pair gold jewelry with it. 

I analyze myself in the mirror again automatically liking what I see.  The warm pool water and Jordy's lips on mine flash through my head, and I push the impulsive thoughts away. Jordy feels so different than anyone I've been with, but to be fair I've only been with one person. Still, I like the way she treats me, and it sucks that we have to keep this all hidden when everyone comes back. 

"Wow," 

I hear her say from behind me, and my eyes snap to hers through the mirror. Her hair is in its usual no-part style with a white button-up tucked into tan slacks that are paired with white socks. 

I turn to face her with a shy smile, "Wow to you too," I whisper before boldly grabbing her hand and pulling her into me. 

"We could almost just stay here," she says as her light brown eyes capture mine, and her woodsy but sweet scent surrounds me. 

"I wouldn't mind," I say honestly knowing that her company makes anywhere enjoyable. 

"Don't tempt me," her eyes narrow at mine before she pulls away from our close stance. 

"Since you're in blue I should probably wear my blue Nike dunks," she says as she walks to her closet and slides them on. She walks back beside me as we stand next to each other in the mirror, and a smile makes its way onto my lips. 

"What?" she asks as she analyzes my face in the mirror, and I shake my head slightly. 

"Nothing I just thought it was cute how we match," I say shyly and she returns the smile before allowing her hands to wrap around my waist as she pulls me into her. 

"I think it is too," she agrees as she looks at our bodies embraced in the mirror. 

We make it to this Italian restaurant just as the sunset begins, and I admire how elegant but homey it is. This is probably a date, right? I mean look at how we're dressed and where we're eating. Jordy opens the door of the car for me before offering me her hand, and I graciously take it. We walk into the beautiful restaurant, and a waitress seats us outside at Jordy's request.  

The soft cushion seat meets my body and I automatically feel comfortable. I smooth my dress down before looking up to see Jordy's eyes already on me. 

A smile tugs at her lips, "You're so beautiful," she compliments me and I feel my cheeks heat up. 

"Thank you," I say in a shy manner considering I'm not that great with compliments. 

"So do you like the place I chose?" she asks and I nod quickly before looking around. The sunset and the quietly conversing people allow this to feel almost like this morning. It's really nice. 

"Let me get a picture of you to get you back for the one from this morning," she says and my eyebrows raise at her idea. 

"What is this picture tag?" I ask jokingly and she shrugs.