I can't lose anyone else

Finally, after being in this huge house alone Journee texts me saying they're here. My boredom is partially due to myself since I decided to be immature and leave breakfast early, giving into Jordy's antics. Okay, it's all my fault.

But.

I had to. She was confusing me, and I needed some space to breathe and think. I can't even ask anyone for advice because she's Journee's sister. This makes everything even harder since I already feel like I have no one to really open up to. Coming out to Journee helped, but messing around with her sister cancels that out. The one person I could talk to about it all is the one who's confusing me.

"Bri isn't it such a pretty day?" my best friend asked as I gaze out the window at the scenery passing by. I snap out of my thoughts meeting her dark eyes through the rearview mirror of her Audi.

"Yes," I answer as I look back to the passing mountains, the sun shining on them.

"I can't wait for you to see what I planned," Journee says excitingly and I look over to Alex who gives me a warm smile before looking back to the front.

Before I know it we're pulling up to a large glasshouse causing me to furrow my brows in confusion.

Journee parks the car before turning around in her seat, "Isn't it nice?" Journee asked and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Yeah, but how..." I trail off considering I have so many questions spiraling through my head.

"Eva's parents let us borrow it," she explains and I nod slowly, I go to talk but she beats me to it.

"I packed a bag for you," she explains and I tilt my head.

"What about everyone else?" I ask looking from Sebastian to Alex.

"I told them before, I just wanted to surprise you since you've seemed distant lately," she says warmly and I give her a forced smile.

"Thank you Journ," I say warmly and she grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"Of course Bri," she says with a smile before she turns around and exits the car.

"This will be so fun babe," Sebastian says excitingly as he gets out of the car and meets Journee at the trunk, their voices muffle causing me to turn to Alex. Wishing that her blue eyes were hazel ones.

"This should be fun right?" I asked her and she nods as her eyes pierce into mine.

"Yeah you all seem really fun," she says and I smile back at her before exiting the car to help with the bags.

We walk into the large glasshouse with bags occupying our hands, taking in the open space. The modern house feels like it's out of a home design tv show, but that's before I notice the lake filling the large glass walls towards the back of the house. This house is more like a dream.

"There are only two guest bedrooms open since Eva's family stays here, so you two will have to share a room if that's okay?" Journee asks and my stomach drops more than it should've. I give Journee a short nod and we head to our rooms.

"I hope this isn't weird," Alex said as we walk down the glass hallway.

I shake my head. "Of course not" I say knowing I wouldn't mind sharing a bed with Alex. Jordy has just confused me, and I don't want to confuse Alex.

She seems nice, but now she's probably scared to even breathe in my direction considering I basically friend-zoned her.

She lets out a breath, "Good because I can sleep on the floor," she suggests as we reach the white door.