Questions?

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?" Windstorm yelled and the clouds darkened, filling with rain. Winter had already settled down, looking bored.

"My subjects helped me to... subdue this. Animal."

I snorted. "If Hurricane is an animal, your one too! A DEATHLY STABBY ANIMAL."

A tornado immediately pushed me against the bars, squishing me.

"One. More. Word." Hissed Wind. The tornado stopped squashing me and I crumpled into a heap on top of winter.

Rgghhh. This dragon officially earned the trophy of 'The Grumpiest Living Thing In The Universe'.

Other grumpy things:

- Winter. He was drooping like a wet leaf.

- Rhinos who thinks that they are unicorns

- me, I guess.

- Solarflares

I had no more energy to fight right now, so I tried to stay silent.

Hurricane looked sick to his core. He was way thinner than the last I've I saw him, till I could see his ribs. His sea green scales were so pale they were practically grey and he had an insane glint in his eyes.

"Do you think that we even have enough food to survive? The Solarflares said that if we don't fight for them, they'll set their Solarstorms on us.. do you see what predicament I was in? I can't sacrifice my tribe to save another who doesn't even communicate with us."

"What's a Solarstorm? Isn't it the disturbance of the sun?" I asked. This world is COMPLICATED. DAMN.

"Do you live under a rock or something?" Windstorm and Wind demanded at the same time.

I shrugged. "Is a mountain a rock? Yes. So don't ask stupid questions."

Windstorm muttered something that sounded like: Seems like you're the one asking the stupid question Coral.

Hey. RUDE.

Wind snapped ,"Solarstorms are what they call the Solarflares with fireflare."

Uncreative.

A smaller pale blue dragon stuck his head through the cloud. "We need you to come to the stratus clouds. We have a small problem there."

"Is anyone hurt?" Asked Wind, doing an intricate backflip into the air. "Not yet, mistress. The Shadowground cannot be contained by our army."

Wind snorted a wisp of cloud which rose into the sky. "I'll be back to see you all later." With that, she dove under the clouds and vanished. The small dragon said softly, "She's trying her best to not be too mean, you know?" Before following Wind.

I sighed. "Why does problems literally arise wherever we go?"

"Maybe the wolf cursed you." Grumbled the drooping leaf. (Winter)

"Do you think the Shadowground is Blackberry?"

"Fat chance." Winter snorted.

Honestly, he looked like he already given up. Winter usually was pretty energetic.

Nah. That wasn't the right word. He was energetically depressed. Now he was use straight up depressed. Thanks for setting the BRIGHT, CHEERFUL MOOD Winter.

Windstorm was still peering through the bars at his son, wings drooping sadly. "What do you think they did to him?"

Windstorm shrugged,"Maybe definitely not threatening his ability to breathe? I dunno."

A thought flashed through my mind. Why couldn't we just kill all of the Solarflares by making it rain? Was our species too afraid to attack? Cuz I wouldn't wait.

Well, TECHNICALLY, we would lose the sun and no more light.

Loud shrieks of dragons as a bright flash exploded through the grey swirls. Windstorm yelped and a large arc of water washed through the cage. Winter buried his snout in his claws with a groan.

The sky darkened again and the sound of thunder and lighting exploded and Winter growled. Rain poured from the clouds below us. I glared at Winter. The immense urge to bite him was reaching its limit soon. "Don't you two dare-" a roar of anger - pain- cut Windstorm off and he looked down.

We fell silent from the sound of metal clanking and the sound of chains being tied around a snout soon sounded.

No way. No.

I don't know what happened, but that sparked my instinct. I reared and shapeshifted into an eagle and slipped through the bars. I morphed back to myself and dived through the clouds, ignoring Windstorm's and Winter's yells of : "You're WASTING your RESERVES!" And "CORAL! STOP LISTENING TO YOUR DAMNED INSTINCT!"

I dashed behind a larger Skycloud, hoping that no one would notice

I immediately spotted a Solarflare angrily facing off the Skyclouds, the flames on its wings burning low from the rain. I reached for my inner hurricane and-

"HEY! THE HYDROBLAST ESCAPED!" I jumped on top of the Skycloud who noticed me and pushed him off the cloud.

The Solarflare shifted into a Skycloud, and flapped his or her wings powerfully and cleared the clouds away, flashed bright light out of the corners of its eyes, and most of the Skycloud army retreated, but Wind pressed on and grabbed the Shadowground's horns, flying high and slashing the Shadowground's wings, which ripped like thin paper facing the sharpest scissors. The Shadowground roared in pain.

Barely giving the intruder time to react, Wind threw it into the air and the Shadowground fell... fell...

Then he or she rose again through the clouds again, this time as a Earthbound.

Great. A Shadowground.

AND my water was pretty much useless against Shadowgrounds.

I slashed my claws across the Skyclouds snout and chest anyway, but it just ricocheted off.

Huh. Someone is strong.

"Ow!" Yelled the Shadowground, dodging another long chain of metal thrown by the Power of the clouds. "I'm Blackberry, damn it!"

I paused for a moment too long. The Skyclouds converged on us and the last thing I saw was the terrified faces of the Skyclouds, and a strangely familiar one flying away.

Then it all faded to black.