New life, new soul

Ash decided to show me around, pointing me to the left, where the resting cave was. The walls were circular, with five long rock ledges sticking out of it. Marsh was already busy carving another ledge out, creating a dip in it and filling it with clear water from the waterfall flowing next to it. Its walls were bare except for the waterfall, but the floor was a different story.

It was basically a forest down there. Trees littered the ground, creating a walkway through the leaves. Ropes held the bridges between the trees together, and there were more fire globes hanging off the rope. The ground was filled with grass and ground plants, hostas, lungworts, brunnera and dwarf lilyturf, but stepping stones were littered as a path.

Then if you took steps back to the entrance cave, then go straight forward, you would reach the training cave. It was simple, a barren place, but in the centre, a tall and strong Flame of The Forest tree stood proudly. There was a hole in the ceiling, leading to the outside world. It was blocked by a canopy of trees, and that resulted in small flickers of light from the outside, and more fire globes also were hung there. Glowshrooms sat innocently, grouped around the tree,but Winter, who was there at the time, told me that Leo and Marsh had a habit of hiding things in the glowshrooms.

Ash warned me not to fly out of the hole in the cave, as they used to in their previous cave and was found by Solarflares who set the forest on fire to try and find refugees of the war when it first broke out.

When we walked through the doorway into the cave after that, we came face to face with the knowledge place. It was basically stuffed with books floor to ceiling, and my claws twitched towards a book labeled- Earthbounds- a complete guide to the 'strongest' dragons [includes laziness, idiocy, and mundane rituals] before Ash dragged me out, muttering that he would probably set the books on fire soon.

Finally, the eating cave, that was to the right of the entrance cave. It was the most amazing after the resting cave; it was a long room, stretching right out to the end of the mountain, stopping short by just a few claws. There were two main places: one was dry ground, while the other was water. A trench was dug randomly through the dry rock, splitting the floor into many parts. The water seemed to go on to the end of the cave, when I dived into the water, I saw that there was a hole that led... down. It was hidden nicely in the water, only occasionally releasing bubbles onto the surface of the water.

Ash explained that they always let the remains of their prey float into the hole, where they would be disposed properly, according to Marsh.

Once Ash spilt the animal he caught into pieces, and passed one to me.

I picked apart the dead carcass and sighed inwardly.

Remember what I had said about having a huge appetite? Yea, the pig cow hybrid animal killed it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't need to eat for the next 5 weeks.

It was like I made myself an enemy. Sky kept shooting me death glares and I was pretty sure I would be skewered a million times over by her if she had laser eyes.

Which she didn't, fortunately.

Anyways, why could I even read minds? I could hear the dragons- all of them - internal mental howling. It was giving me a headache.

On my left: WHY, OH WHY did Ash bring back another piece of meat which smells like fish? I'm so going to bring back a giant mountain bear. Celebrate while I can! Life's too short anyways.

I snorted. I was so gonna call Marsh 'King foodie' from now on.

Tossing a peice of the dead pig cow carcass into my mouth, I heard Winter and Ash having a debate about ice dragons on the opposite side of the fire.