Trust

The ocean looked like an enormous pool of wonder. It was exceptionally blue that day with a slight green undertone. The surface looked as though it was covered with millions of diamonds crashing with the waves and kissing the sand. My spikes swished through the small clumps of seaweed. Then I thought of fire.

The opposite.

Destroying everything in its path, tongues of flame licking hungrily at objects, intent on transforming everything in its way into ribbons of wavering light, consuming everything into a flaming, blazing inferno.

The blaze that killed my parents.

"Hey, back from daydreaming." Windstorm poked my wings and dove away. I curled my claws and swam after them. The cool fluid washed over my scales, and my half-healed wound didn't feel like it was on fire anymore.

I didn't have much time to learn swimming because we had to stay on the alert and be on the run, so watching the other dragons dive through the coral reefs gracefully, accidentally scaring small gold and blue coloured fish out of their homes, I felt...

Small.

Useless.

I was barely full grown. What could I do?

I didn't even know how to properly swim. How could I do anything about anything? I paddled on for a moment before wondering: what do Solarflares see fire as? I dont think they would see it as peaceful fluffy and cuddly. RIGHT?

Just then I bumped into Winter's tail and his spikes grazed my snout. Small bubbles popped in the water from the cut he accidentally gave me.

Ouch. I cleared the thought out of my mind and followed them both. Suddenly a sharp current caught my wings and threw me forward. So. This was the current we were looking for? Okay. I had learnt in the good days where I learnt that Hydroblast's memory of currents and where they were were extremely useful. This one probably led to the Dragon clouds, its inhabitants known for being aggressive and extremely powerful. I relaxed and allowed the current to sweep me along with the other two, taking the chance to have a look around.

Some flat blobby pink octopuses were staring at me with small narrow eyes. Small purple silver darted up and swam with me for a moment before realising that I existed and flashed away immediately. The seabed was peppered with pebbles and small clusters of coral reefs lined with red algae. We passed small islands with russet fans waving around it. Small sea sponges drifted around peacefully.

After a long while Winter yanked me and Windstorm out of the current and the water. We dragged ourselves into the air and landed on a on a palm- tree covered island about a hundred metres away from the current. Winter looked nervous and was wringing his claws.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We lost the flying group. They disappeared off the horizon."

————————————————————————————————————————————

[Third person perspective of the flying group]

"No...no..." Sky muttered, her eyes darting from spot to spot on the sea.

Ash was hovering nervously next to them. "Can you see them?"

"No!" Said Marsh and Sky at the same time in a panic.

Blueberry closed her eyes tight with a soft groan.

"I can't hear them. They're too far away."

Ash cursed and asked, "Do you think that they still are on the current? Probably not. None of us know where the currents are." He answered himself. The sun was sinking below the horizon and the most he could see of his friends were their silhouettes, even with his fire.

Blackberry agreed, "The currents shift a little, especially this one. The islands around the current shift too."

"They're probably resting on one of the HUNDRED islands surrounding the current." Grumbled Sky.

"Hundred scaled current... I forgot..." murmured Marsh.

"What do we do?" Sky asked.

"Trust them. It's the last thing we have left."