Old- I mean- New family

I would never be ready for the shrieking and screaming that followed. I cringed in the sky and glanced at my friends. There wasn't a sliver of sympathy in their eyes and their claws were clenched.

Winter turned on his muddy scales and began washing them off, but the mud had long since dried from the flaming balls of heat. Ash dismissed the water with a booming roar and flapped down to the ground with Marsh. A Hydroblast sent a waterball at Ash but he deflected it with a flick of his talons. Winter's ears twitched and he looked warily at the trees. The Waterblasts hissing stopped when they spotted me a flash of familiarity in their eyes.

"Hey... are you Coral? Blueberry's daughter?" A ocean green dragon asked quietly.

Winter replied before I could respond. "Who's asking?"

"I'm Blackberry, Blueberry's sister." She muttered something like 'Didn't know what my parents thought they were doing.'

The male dragon smiled. "We knew your mother. Blueberry's your aunt."

I turned tail and began pacing in circles, accidentally-on-purpose causing a hurricane to form. It swirled in the air, crashing through the trees and knocking over Marsh.

"Hey, no need to punish innocent plant life. Your life is upside down, yeah." He muttered, pushing himself once again off the floor.

Great way to put things, buddy. I knocked him over again.

"Or innocent Marsh life?" He groaned.

I tried to settle down and curled my tail around my talons.

It took a lot more talking to convince the family of three Hydroblasts to follow us, but they decided that since I was with Ash, Marsh and Winter and we DID save them, they decided to trust us.

Although not before threatening to disembowel Ash if he hurt anybody.

Windstorm glanced around the wreck on the ground, "It was a matter of time."

Marsh agreed, "All we can do is hope for the best and be ready for the invasion, I guess."

We all hovered above a low cloud and flew back home. The youngest dragon, or I should say, Hurricane, kept bumping into his parents and yammering on and on and on about life. I was pretty sure that him and Leo were gonna be BFFS.

Sky was hunting nearby and was carrying the little Earthbound on her back. In her claws was a large, stinky lizard like thing. She was very well balanced in the air, unlike my unpracticed flying. I flapped down to the shimmering lake and splashed into the watery depths below, longing to scrape off terrifyingly muddy, dirty scales. As the brown faded back to aquamarine blue, Winter flopped next to me on the wet dirt next to the blue water. "I'm so done with mud." He grumbled and wriggled into the water. My mind was still trying to process the bombshell that had just been dropped on my head.

The female dragon seemed to be hiding something from me, other than the fact that she was my supposedly long lost aunt, chased out of her hideout after the rest of her family, except for her sister was killed. I was still an egg then, so I never met my aunt before. She was probably with her own family figuring out the hideout. I could hear the rumbling of the nearby grey clouds gathering in the sky not too far away. The sound of thunder, a flash of lighting. Was this a Hydroblast's doing? I was pretty sure it was, the clouds literally just began forming. Ever since I began thinking of the thought that my mom could be...

Nah. I was probably dreaming.

Marsh was munching cheerfully on a piece of a leg and offered me one. I took it with a smile and began laughing inwardly when Marsh trundled off to find Winter, who was still submerged in the water. I chomped on the leg and the sweet-sour taste zinged on my tongue. The leg was still hot, and when I gobbled it up, I was pretty sure I just killed all of my taste buds. But still, at least it meant that I couldn't taste the disgusting looking pig-cow thingy anymore.

We started on better protection for our home extending the course, increasing the chances of getting killed in the death obstacles and a huge wall of water which only dragons with a specific rock out of the one thousand scattered around the lake, so Ash basically had to uncover his own shortcut to the main cave. Then we flopped onto each other under the scattered stars glinting in the sky, in the clearing flanked by strong, tall and wide pine trees. Who knows, maybe every single dragon was looking up to the very same moon that we were looking at, hoping that this war would be stopped.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

I fell asleep under the starry sky. Cool, misty breeze played across my face.

I was snuggled in the nook in the ground, the screams and shrieks of dragons as they were clawed, disintegrated and stabbed to death. The earth soon became mushy, swirly with bold red blood. The dragons were coming for me next... heavy claws on my back, ready to rip, tear, shred-

I opened my eyes and hot bright light stabbed my eyeballs. The crushing weight was still on my back. Apparently both Winter and Ash rolled onto me while sleeping. I snorted. Until they woke up I was trapped under them. Unless...

I began burrowing down, scraping the dirt with my claws and gave myself some space to scoot out from under them. The light was fading a little now and my nose touched the muddy earth and my nose twitched. Eeeww a worm. I paused.

Well, my brain snarked. Would you rather be squashed by two ridiculously HEAVY dragons or have worms crawling around your snouts?

I was seriously considering sitting there sand waiting. The furry spider was still on my mind.

On the other hand, being squashed was pretty bad. I was disgusted to the core by worms, but still...... being squished like a blob of aquamarine slime was worse than having tiny, worms wriggling around. I sighed and continued burrowing.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

A few chunks of dirt later, I squeezed free and shook my wings out. And then hissed at the two earthbound staring at me with very unconvincing straight faces. I resisted the urge to dump the worm still clinging along my horns on both of them.

"I think it likes you, those are water crawlers. Weird. Usually they live near streams, not the lake this high up. It gotta be dying."

"Or maybe..... ILL EAT IT AND IT'LL LIVE ANOTHER LIFE SOMEWHERE ELSE." The worm let out a ear piercing roar and shot to my tail. My teeth snapped on thin air and I rubbed my jaw with a claw, glaring at the huge crawler. The worm was green, but the colour of its smooth body transitioned to ocean blue, then misty purple and back again. The pale gold veins along it was like little trails of fire, intertwining and glowing bright in the dawn.

What can that insect do?

Like Blackberry heard my thoughts, she said, "That's a waterglow, it is ridiculously powerful and fast, and-"

The waterglow puked over me, covering me in green muck.

Marsh waved a talon under his nose. "Coral, this is definitely barf worthy. Puke away."

This dragon wasn't helping. I dived into the lake, splashing the two sleeping dragons with little drops of water, Winter's scales absorbed the water and Ash's scales caught the grass underneath on fire. Both dragons sat up and looked around in a blur fashion.

The waterglow slipped off my back and sank its furry body into the muddy soil. Adorable creature.

"Now you gotta name her! I know, like 'Marsh the Second'." Teased Marsh. I smushed a blob of dirt on his snout and stomped out of the clearing into the thick patches of wood, leaving him spluttering and the smaller Earthbound in stitches. The worm wriggled back onto me an curled itself around my neck like a living scarf.

I flicked my wings and began searching the ground for the rock to my underground home. The warm scent of the glowshrooms would really help with this headache I was getting.

Just as my claws hit the right stone, shadows fell over me and sharp claws slashed my side.