Rome sweet Rome.

The flight was way too long for my liking but the excitement of finally being in Italy was too overpowering for me to focus on jetlag. We had decided on staying in Rome for the year because it's my favourite city and Maya couldn't care less just as long as it was in Italy to begin with. I was renting out a little cute house on the cost of Santa Marinella, it had three bedrooms and each had an en suite but there was a bathroom for guests just next to the linen closet. It only had sliding doors, one being in the living room that led directly to the beach. The kitchen was spacious with hunny yellow walls and white cabinets, it had a lovely white and yellow marbled island and cute yellow and white kitchen stools. Maya had bought a mixture of yellow and white lilies to complete the homey, happy look. The living room wasn't as bright, with its pure white walls. I decorated it myself, by adding a dark grey couches, a black and white carpet and a gold and and glass table to add colour to the room. I was happy with the contrast of the kitchen and the living room, it showed that two different people live in this house. The guest room was decorated by Maya, making it gorgeous with rose gold, silver and white. It is a bit feminine but it's our place so... Our rooms were decorated according to us so mine was obviously mainly black and gold with a touch of white because Maya refused to live with a 21 year old goth. It took us 2 days to settle into our new living space and Maya was already being a busy bee by sightseeing and shopping, whereas I chose to stay indoors reading a book or just getting used to being here but by the fourth day Maya was already fed up with me.

"No bitch, I've had it with you sitting around here when you're the one who dragged our asses all the way to Rome! We are in flipping Rome do you even get that!" She said, obviously with dramatic hand gestures.

I just rolled my eyes and closed my book so I could give her my full attention.

"But we're going to be here for a year Yaya, seriously."

"I don't care! What if you miss your future husband by sitting here? Come onn you've been out of the game for what, 3 years?"

I knew she was right but I couldn't help but get slightly annoyed, yeah I know it was my choice to not mess around in college but I can't help but get touched by it.

"Bitch you know I'm not here for a man, okay? I'm good by myself." I said a little too harsh then I intended.

"And I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying we came here to live and catch a breath from being the ever so organized good girls we are and you sitting here all day reading a book keeps you from doing just that." She said as she gave me a pleading look.

I wanted to protest some more but I knew it would prove fruitless, because I can't ever bring myself to say no to her.

"Fine, I'll go out but only to the beach today, the weather is beautiful anyway, and I'll do my reading there. Deal?"

Her face lit up as she grinned hard.

"Yeah of course, just get your ass out this damn house. And as for me, I'm going to go check out this cute restaurant I saw on my way back."

I laughed at that as we both headed to our rooms to freshen up for the day. It was sunny out and I felt like having a solo picnic on the beach. I picked a nude cover up and some basic sandles and tied my hair into a messy bun.

 I picked a nude cover up and some basic sandles and tied my hair into a messy bun