Thirty Eight - Change

Start from the beginning

Also, I've been noticing the change in his appearance lately. He's been taking care of himself now, and he's getting the good looks. That's good for him.

"Since it'll be a rough road from now on," he continued.

He's not wrong about that...

I made a crooked face, trying not smile hard. I elbowed him. "Thanks, cousin. Just so you know, you're getting more handsome and kind. So keep it up." He rolled his eyes and we laughed.

Huh?

This again...

My head ached. I squeezed it with my palms as the vision unfolded in front of me.

It's been a while since I had this. It's Masaru for today. And just like the others, his looks, his aura, his vibes, his clothes, even his height and the age of his face changed. He's more of an adult now.

What is this? There's...

"I'll join you," he calmly yet fumingly said.

There's so much hatred in his eyes...

What's wrong, cousin?

Did something happen?

"I'll make them pay."

Huh?

I blinked and shook my head that's aching. I almost lost myself back there, but right now, before that vision, I hadn't blinked a bit as I listened to my other cousin say something odd.

Michi... what's happening to me?

And what are you saying all of a sudden?!

"Thank you, Delle," Michi said with a weary smile. "I'll never forget everything you did for me, for us all."

These dramatic, peculiar speeches are only said when someone is leaving, right? What's this?

My brows narrowed. "Of course I'll do what I can to help you guys, but... why are you saying these things?"

My other cousin's words echoed in my head.

I'll make them pay.

Masaru... you've never been this brave. You're making me worry, you idiot. You both are.

Takemichi didn't respond to my question, instead he pulled out something from his pocket and gave it to me, but I dropped it the second I touched it. I hissed from the pain. There's now blood dripping from my forth finger.

The pain I felt was... as if I got electrified again.

"Ah! Delle! Sorry!" Michi panicked and I snorted. "Why are you laughing? Let's clean this up."

I let him wrap the bandage. I grinned, watching my cousin appear mature.

Is this really the Takemichi I've known before? What a change too, huh.