Act 2.2 - To Forever Imprison You

Honestly, Yoohan had no idea what he should be feeling right now.

Was he glad that Yoon Jay was back? Was he angry? Was he disappointed? Everything seemed to jumble together and create a mess in his head, so much that he stopped to think at that point.

He just followed the man into the snake den. And everything just felt the same that it felt quite scary, because it made Yoohan feel like the empty four years were a dream. The furniture, the smell, the vibe, still feel the same. If anything changed, it would be the rows of alcohol adorned the bar and the stack of papers and documents in the living room. There were piles of books and what looks like movie scripts inside opened cardboard boxes.

Even the way only the living room messed with things was the same, albeit with different kinds of stuff. Yoohan sank himself into the sofa, getting nauseous with all the familiarity. The shirt that Jay gave him to change into even smelled familiar. Yoohan had no idea whether things were real or his mind playing a trick on him. Perhaps it gave him false memories to cope with Jay's sudden comeback.

If the man came back at all.

Yoohan just realized he hadn't asked if Jay was just here permanently or if he was going to disappear again the next day. Perhaps Yoohan didn't want to ask. Didn't want to know.

"What are you thinking about?"

Yoohan opened his eyes—since when did he close them?—and met with a kneeling Jay. The man sat on a round cushion in front of him, holding his hand. It was scrapped and gave Yoohan a dull throbbing pain. It wasn't that hurt anymore, but they sting when Jay rubbed at them. The pale eyes probe at him, prompting Yoohan to speak hesitantly.

"Are you back for good?"

Jay smiled at that and finally moved his thumb from the scrapped knuckles. "Yes."

Yoohan leaned back and closed his eyes again as Jay fixed him up. He chewed the inside of his mouth, confused with his own mind. So what now that the man's back? What exactly did Yoohan want with that information?

"I got scouted here," Jay continued after a while. "An entertainment company."

Yoohan peeked at him. "As a talent?"

Jay laughed, carefully putting a bandage on Yoohan's hand. "What do you think?"

"Hmmm...no." Yoohan decided after thinking for a while.

"Why?"

"Not enough power to order people around."

The bandage tightened, and Yoohan looked down to see Jay smile in satisfaction. So he was right. Someone like Yoon Jay, who looked like he belonged in a classic mafia family, didn't seem like the type to 'please' people with their looks, even if he was gifted with one. It would be more fitting for Jay to be a CEO or something similar, like those rich kids in dramas usually were.

"Are you doing good?" Jay asked, working on Yoohan's other hand.

This catching-up game turned into a direction that Yoohan didn't particularly like. He'd never been one that fond of talking about himself. But this time, he kind of wanted to brag. Just a little bit. "I'm fine. I got money now that I can work part-time legally. Even without you." was he imagining it? The hold on his hand seemed to be tightening. "My grade's fine too if you're curious."

"Even without me?"

Was that sarcasm? Yoohan was too tired to make a discern.

"Hmm..." Yoohan muttered incoherently, staring at the ceiling as his eyelids got heavy. "You said...living well...is revenge too..."