The Mayor: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"They're here." Felicity says to (ugh) Isabel Rochev when we finally got to the main room.

"Sorry we're late." I say, fake smile on. "Traffic is terrible tonight."

She ignores me and just looks at Oliver. "This party is to attract investors for your failing company. Being fashionably late may do well in the club circuit, but it does not inspire confidence here in Wall Street. Is that blood on your face?"

"Hmm?" Oliver groans in confusion.

I look at his face and see that there IS blood on his face, on the bottom of his left cheek.

Crap!!!

I reach over, put my hands on either side of his face, and brush the blood off.

"Don't worry, it's not his blood." Felicity says, I glare at her and she quickly recovers. "I mean, of course it's his blood. Why would he have somebody else's blood on his face?"

I decide to go along with it as I pretend to brush more blood off his face. "Who taught you to shave, mister?" I ask, jokingly, causing Oliver to smile.

Isabel walks away and Felicity walks right in front of us. "What kept you guys?" she asks us as we start to walk to the middle of the room. "Was it our blonde masked woman with a big stick, beating the sauce out of bad guys?"

"This time it was guns." Oliver says, taking my arm in his.

"Guns?!" Felicity exclaims.

"We were just talking about guns." says a familiar voice behind us, making us turn around.

To see Sebastian Blood and... Laurel?

 Laurel?

"Oliver. Elena. Hey." she says, smiling, but something's off about her.

Nevertheless, I smile and hug her as she hugs me, and I smell the faint scent of alcohol. "Hey, Laurel." I say, kindly.

"Hi." Oliver says to Laurel, smiling slightly.

"Hello, Elena." Sebastian says, sweetly at me. "What a pleasure it is to see you again."

I smile slightly at him. "Hello, Sebastian. It is a pleasure to see you again. Although, I'm not necessarily happy that you turned loose an angry mob on Oliver last week."

He sighs. "I have already apologized to Mr. Queen about that. I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I promise this on our friendship."