Home

It took me three days of tireless teleporting berries, fruits, rats, bugs, and even a machete to master the spell. The intestines of animals were the hardest part. Lungs and guts spilled for hours before I learned to keep them inside. The flesh of the berries started staying intact eventually, and the density of the machete was good enough to chop a tree branch down eventually. So, for the moment of truth, I was teleporting a squirrel to see if I was good enough.

I really hope I am, because more organs all over the dirt didn't sound fun.

"Lanuae," I screamed. A squirrel appeared in front of me. Perfectly. Intact. "SUCCESS!" The squirrel was now no longer in front of me, but what does that matter? Now I imagined myself by the moonstones cellars trapdoor, perfectly intact and well. I had all my belongings, I had the moonstone. "Lanuae," this time i whispered it, no energy could be wasted.

I felt my body slowly come to a complete stop, my eyes closed. The sensation felt as if each part of me was leaving slowly, I was at peace. It felt amazing. I couldn't see, but I felt my hair flow forwards, my feet left the ground.

And then I fell into the fresh grass of my kingdom.

I opened my eyes. There were no guards nearby, or anyone. But I could hear people. Maybe they were inside the trapdoor. No point though. I need to scale the border wall.

I could climb the rough surface easily, even with my exhaustion upon the spell traveling so far with such a large being (ok, I'm not that big, but in comparison to fruits and berries i misewell be a giant). With both feet on the border. I spotted all the guards.

Battling the ones of Darius.

Screams and cries erupted from the cities and the guards. Houses and shops were in ruins. Farms were in ashes. Both royal palaces were in war mode. Bloody, fearful people streamed away from the streets. Very few guards were still on the wall.

I ran to the center and dropped down from the wall. Everyone gasped at the sight of me.

"Go Valerie, this is no place for you, you must flee!" I was surprised to hear no royal title, and ignored the screams for me to run away. I ran straight to the middle of the battle and screamed.

"Inspiratione!" hand pointed at the ground, the guards all bounced back. They stayed on the ground in surprise, and I mocked surprise too. Slowly, carefully, I raised the hand with the moonstone in it. Everyone gasped. The knights of Darius looked enraged.

"I knew-" they began to accuse.

"BEFORE," I yelled over them. They stopped talking abruptly. "You begin to try and accuse me of stealing such a valuable item of peace, why don't I tell you where I have been and what I have been doing to spare our kingdom," the knights all stayed still. So did the few bystanders who were in the midst of the battle. And as they stood and laid nearby, I explained my journey.

If I left out any magic or mentions of Kimi, I would get the credit for this. I was the one who saved us. I mentioned the mages, and the Society of the Dark Moon. I explained in great fake detail what the journey home was like.

"Any questions?" I asked at the end. A Darius guard spoke.

"How can we trust you?"

"I have a travelers pack, i'm tired, and if you want i can help you all journey to the temple, but i'm sure a big battle between ultra powerful mages sounds fun after this monstrosity of a kingdom you have created," I scowled. "Where is my father? I'm sure he's worried about me and i would like to talk to him,"

Suddenly all the guards looked very uncomfortable. I studied their faces carefully.

"Want to tell me what's wrong with that request?" I asked. A guard from my kingdom spoke up this time. General Benjamin.

"Valerie, please come with me for a moment. I'll escort you to the castle, but you cannot see your father," He sounded solemn. Now I am afraid. My heart raced.

"Why not?"

"Because well... Valerie he's... he's dead,"