The two sat on the empty chairs a little far away from the fireplace. Amelia felt eyes on her. She looked up from her book and caught Crabbe staring at her.

" You got something to say to me, Crabbe?" Amelia asked, closing her book shut. 

"No?"

" Then why the bloody hell are you staring at me for?" She confronted. Crabbe stilled in his seat, not knowing what to say. Goyle looked panicked, not knowing what to do.

" This should give you a laugh." Draco came back with a newspaper clipping in hand. " Weasel, you might find this interesting too." He smirked. 

laughter came from the two goons before a newspaper clipping was thrown at her lap. 

INQUIRY AT THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC

Arthur Weasley, Head of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office, was today fined fifty
Galleons for bewitching a Muggle car.
Mr. Lucius Malfoy, a governor of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where the enchanted car crashed earlier this year, called today for Mr. Weasley's resignation.
"Weasley has brought the Ministry into disrepute," Mr. Malfoy told our reporter. "He is
clearly unfit to draw up our laws and his ridiculous Muggle Protection Act should be
scrapped immediately."
Mr. Weasley was unavailable for comment, although his wife told reporters to clear off or
she'd set the family ghoul on them.

Amelia's stomach sank at the news. She didn't know how her family would survive if her father did resign.

"Don't you think it's funny?" Draco sneered, watching a frown form on her face.

" I don't understand the punch line." Said Amelia, shoving the clipping back towards Draco.

"You know since your father loves Muggles so much he should snap his wand in half and go and join them," said Malfoy scornfully turning to look at his friends. "You'd never know the Weasleys were purebloods, the way they behave."

Crabbe and Goyle stayed silent, surprising the girl when usually they would add a sly remark. 

" Shut up Draco, unless you want more bats flying out of your nose." Threatened Amelia. Draco looked down at her, expecting one of his goons to back him up. But both of them stayed silent, watching the interaction.

"What's up with you two?" snapped Malfoy. 

 "Stomachache," Crabbe grunted.

 "Well, go up to the hospital wing and give all those Mudbloods a kick from me," said Malfoy, snickering. Amelia glared at him. She regretted leaving her wand in her room. Not wanting Draco to get away with his rude remarks. 

"You know, I'm surprised the Daily Prophet hasn't reported all these attacks yet," he went on thoughtfully, walking back to where his friends stood. "I suppose Dumbledore's trying to hush it all up. He'll be sacked if it doesn't stop soon. Father's always said old Dumbledore's the worst thing that's ever happened to this place. He loves Muggle-borns. A decent headmaster would never let slime like that Creevey in." Holding his hands up he began to do an impression of Colin Creevey, " Potter, can I have your picture, Potter? Can I have your autograph? Can I lick your shoes, please, Potter?" Noticing the lack of amusement from his friends he dropped his hands. 

" You're a giant git, Draco," Amelia said. Picking up the book she began to retreat toward her room. Draco ruined the peace that the common room once was.