Secrets

NOTE: From this chapter onwards a lot of things will happen. Pay attention to the little details and not everything is at it appears.

RYUJIN

I looked at her, for the eighth time in less than fifteen minutes. And Lucy still seemed lost in her thoughts. In front of me, the Marketing manager explained his new proposals for the beginning of the next year with the aim of making Shin's Industry the best across the continent. The ideas were incredibly exciting, however seeing Lucy distant left me lost. Since we came back she was like this, and for some reason decided not to share, just said that she was on her period. I know what that causes. So, I just decided to respect and give her space.

"I will leave all the reports for you to analyze calmly." the boy spoke as he straightened his suit.

"Sure, it's a great idea, Jared."

"As soon as you have an answer, if you approve or not, I would be happy to know, ma'am."

"Don't worry, Miss Hwang will take care of scheduling the next meeting for us to make any changes if necessary."

"Alright, excuse me, Miss Shin."

The boy stood up and walked towards the exit. Lucy slowly stood up and stared at me, adjusting her small glasses on her face.

"As soon as you analyze all the boy's reports let me know, I'll call him again," she said patiently.

"Of course."

"Do you need something?"

I took a deep breath and stood up. I walked towards the beverage counter receiving a scolding look from Lucy, who stopped at the exact moment that I served myself some coffee. Lately, she's been controlling the amount of Whiskey I drink. According to her, it was too much. And would only let me drink it on special occasions.

"There we go," I said with a smile, raising the cup of coffee.

Lucy smiled and approached.

"I just want to take care of you," she said calmly.

I placed the cup on the counter where I leaned slowly. Lucy stood near to the point where I could wrap her waist with my arms, and so I did.

"Ryujin..." she whispered, looking at the door.

"Relax, I'm not going to do anything. I just want to spend some time with you."

I squeezed Lucy in a comfortable embrace, being able to feel her relax in my arms. We stayed like this for a few long minutes.

"What do you think of us taking the afternoon off?"

She stared at me with narrowed eyes and opened a smile.

"Have you noticed that we have a thousand things to solve?"

"I know, but Paul is the manager, despite being somewhat lost he can handle himself for an afternoon."

"I don't know, Ryujin, there are things that only you can solve."

"Nothing that can't wait until tomorrow, Lui.'

Lucy bit her lip, showing a thoughtful expression. She looked wonderful that morning, which wasn't different from the other days of course. Today she was wearing all black, looking perfect as always. Tight social pants that highlighted perfectly well the sinuous curves of her body. A turtleneck and long-sleeved black sweater. Her hair was loose and straight, falling perfectly well on her back.

"Come on, we can get out of here and go to "Le Café" to buy some things and then stay in my house, alone watching some movie."

"Just a casual date?"