Gift, Lift and Conversation

LUCY

I checked all of her commitments and nothing, Ryujin would stay at the company all day. Could my bad luck be bigger? Last night was somewhat troubled, when in my plans I would only dine beside Yeonjun. After the eventual almost-kiss between me and Ryujin, I left that place rather distracted.

"Is everything okay, Lucy?" I heard the boy's voice beside me.

"Yes, of course. I just have a bit of a headache, can you take me home?"

I received an annoyed look, I know he expected more of that night, but with Ryujin a few meters away from me, it was practically impossible to think about Yeonjun, right?! I shrugged and grabbed my purse.

"Sure, let's go. I'll take you home."

I looked one last time at the table where Ryujin was before, but no sign of her. Did she leave already or go out with some girl? Choi Lia was no longer there, surely they weren't there anymore.

The way back was made in pure silence, one would notice kilometers away how much that night had been a failure, well, not really, Chaeryeong and Yuna's night had been successful, Jay and Felix proved to be great dates, while Yeonjun got annoyed and complained since the moment that he put his eyes on Ryujin, who was by my side. Did he feel something different between the two of us? No, don't think about it.

"We're here," he said, stopping the car in front of my building.

"Thank you for tonight, I liked it." I lied, or not, seeing Ryujin was wonderful.

"Did you really? I think it was somewhat annoying, but you can understand me, right? Something in me doesn't like that woman."

"Ryujin? I don't get it, she's a nice person."

"With you, right? Which to me seems really weird, she's just a futile and arrogant woman."

"No, because we don't even know her. Besides, you shouldn't talk about her like this."

"I'm not afraid of her, Lucy, she barely arrived and she's already messing everything up, remember the absurd hours you spent working on that balance sheet?"

"Yeonjun, honestly, I'm dying of headache, and I don't want to talk about work now," I said annoyed.

"I'm sorry, I was an idiot. I know this night wasn't one of the best, but we can make it better."

I looked into his eyes, they were pretty, but it wasn't those eyes that I wanted to be looking at. I lowered my head, thinking of the politest way to tell him that for today it had been too much. However, I noticed that he had gotten closer to me, touching my chin lightly, making me look at him again.

"You're so beautiful, Lucy."

"Thank you, but I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow." I got out of the car without saying anything else.

"I want you in my office in 2 minutes." I heard Ryujin's raspy voice, making my whole body shiver.

I looked up and saw Ryujin entering her office. I was praying to God for her not to remember anything from last night. I grabbed my notebook, adjusted the glasses on my face and walked slowly into her office.

"Miss Shin."

She turned the chair around facing me, staring at me with her pair of bright brown eyes. I felt weak every time that I faced her. I noticed her look travel down the extension of my body, making me swallow dryly. I saw her tense expression, Ryujin closed her eyes tightly, shaking her head.