Masquerade Ball

LUCY

I woke up lighter that morning, being well with Ryujin made everything better. My mood, my patience, and my state of mind. Everything was peaceful. Which could even make me afraid, things were never perfect for long in my life. Not that everything was already perfect, there were a lot of things that still needed to be solved.

I got up from bed, stepping with my tiptoes onto the cold floor. I stretched myself slowly, pushing away that morning laziness that attacked us. I walked towards the bathroom to do my morning hygiene, got dressed quickly, and then found Chaeryeong and Yuna walking like crazy in the middle of the house.

"The morning already starts excitedly in this apartment, huh?" I spoke while serving myself with the breakfast goodies that Yuna loved to prepare.

"Obviously! Today we have the almighty's sister's birthday party, or have you forgotten?"

Oh God! Kyujin's party was today. I widened my eyes, almost choking with the juice.

"I see that she forgot," Yuna said smiling.

"Of course she forgot, she's on cloud nine thinking about Ryujin."

"That's not true, Chae."

Chaeryeong smiled, turning towards me.

"Lucy, my love, I know you like the back of my hand. I know when you are being a sucker for someone. And for Shin, you are a massive sucker."

"You are so loving," I said sarcastically.

Chaeryeong and Yuna laughed.

"I'm just happy, I feel that things with Ryujin are starting to prosper."

"May God hear you, Lu."

"Amen."

"Hey, aren't you going to pack your bags?" Chaeryeong looked at me confused. "Kyujin said that we need to bring other clothes, we'll stay the whole weekend. Your entry into the Shin family is being wonderful."

I squinted my eyes in mockery, which made Chaeryeong laugh.

"I'll pack right away. I don't want to be late, after all, we are going by helicopter."

Yuna exchanged a quick glance with Chaeryeong, opening a mischievous smile.

"Sorry if our boyfriends don't have a private helicopter, ok? But thanks to your girlfriend, we'll enjoy these treats."

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"But she'll be soon."

I rolled my eyes. The jokes would never end. My best friends loved messing with me. That was not fair at all.

"Stop being idiots! I would go by car but Ryujin practically ordered me to go the way she wanted. And included you two in this."

"Of course! We are a full package!" Yuna smiled while putting some clothes in her small suitcase.

"She wants Lucy to get there as fast as possible to be with her," Chaeryeong said laughing.

"Ryujin is very reserved so she's almost always alone, I feel good to be with her all the time."

"I imagine. She really seems to not let a lot of people into her territory."

"Yeah, she doesn't."

"But she seems to be a good person." Chaeryeong shouted from the back while walking towards us with two dresses in hand.

"She's wonderful, guys! She's helping me with Haewon's custody, the notification has even arrived at my mother's house."

"Oh God! Really?"