xiii. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥

Charlie told Loralie everything

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Charlie told Loralie everything.

She knew about Ben.

He laid on his back, she laid next to him, letting it sink in. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I want to." he forced his guilt. "It was just.... I didn't know how to."

"Did you feel like you couldn't trust me?" her forehead pressed into his shoulder with an inhale.

"Of course not." Charlie reassured her. "Just....Nick was the only one to know. I felt like if I'd explained it to you, it would just come out wrong. Like, it was my fault and you'd think I was just trying to sabotage your date. I mean, he was my secret, kinda, boyfriend, it wouldn't be-"

"Boyfriend or not, you told him to stop and he didn't." Loralie placed her hand on his hand. "It wasn't your fault, and i'd have never thoughts that."

"If I told you, what happened could have been avoided." he stated the obvious, but admitting everything to her out loud was what he had to do. From now on, he had to do it, no matter how hard it was.

"Yeah." she agreed, because there was no sugarcoating it. Charlie was right. If he'd told her, she wouldn't have liked Ben as much as she did, and she'd never have gone to the movie. "Doesn't mean anything, though. I can understand why you didn't tell me. I just wish you would have."

"I wish I did to." he exhaled loudly, placing both hands over his face as she sat up. "I'm so sorry."

Loralie leaned in, laying her head down on his chest as her arms wrapped around his waist. "It's okay, Charlie. I should have known better then to fall at a guys feet when I didn't even know him. Quite literally. I very much fell at his feet."

He had to laugh, removing his hands to turn so they were face to face. "You know I really love you."

Loralie smiled, taking his hand. "More then anything."

She stared at his gentle eyes. "Which is why i'm not gonna let you destroy what you and Nick have."

"I've already destroyed it. I've turned him against all his mates." he rolled his eyes at himself.

"So?" Loralie gave a look of disbelief. "You didn't turn him against anyone. You just made him realize that guys like Harry Greene aren't good company."

"He's getting in fights because of me." Charlie gave a sad look her way. "It's not fair to him."

"He's getting in fights for me too. And I don't think he wanted to make out with me and be my secret boyfriend." she pointed out as Charlie laughed. "Point is, he's getting into fights with guys that deserve it because their stupid piece of shits."

"You should know Tao also got into a fight with Harry." Charlie's words made her gap. "You better hurry. Pretty sure he's falling off the rocker without you."