18| I chose her

"What about Loralie?" Issac asked after Tao just spilled his guts to him and Charlie about liking Elle and needing help

"What about Loralie?" he questioned.

"We just all thought....you liked her, too?" Charlie gave a questionable look.

"I do, I did. If I liked her enough, I wouldn't have been able to like Elle, though. Loralie deserves someone who isn't thinking about another girl half the time and that's what i'm doing with Elle. I liked Elle second, meaning this is how it's suppose to go. I like her a lot, and I want to ask her out. Are you going to help me or not?"

Charlie and Issac would, but they knew it was going to absolutely crush Loralie.

Loralie sat on the steps of Higgs and did research on her laptop. She watched videos of youtube couples that were polyamory, explaining to her how they went about it and how they came to be. Loralie knew months ago she'd been open to it, but that hadn't gone so well. She went on a date with a couple and that was all. Tao and Elle were two people who never said anything about being open to such a thing, which is also why she watched videos on possible signs other people were questioning it.

"Hey." Elle got her attention as she pulled her ear buds out, looking up at her quickly. "I got your text."

Loralie nodded, her mouth opening like she wanted to say something but didn't. Elle crossed her arms as she sat down, shrugging her shoulders. "What did you want to talk about?"

As if the world had fallen off its axis, Loralie Flowers was quiet.

Elle saw the hesitation on her face, the fear that danced in her eyes. She wanted to get annoyed with her being quiet in a situation she planned, but it was Loralie. How could she be annoyed with her? Loralie exhaled as she looked to the trees, thinking maybe the falling leaves would motivate her. "Elle, i'm...sorry. For what I said, how I've been acting. I'm sorry that I took it out on you, it isn't your fault."

"Thank you." Elle spoke softly, giving her a small smile. She placed her hand on Loralies knee. Her skin pressed against hers. Elle placed her other hand on her shoulder, leaning in a little bit. "What's going on with you, Loralie? I don't understand why you got so upset with me out of nowhere."

The silence was back, but it seemed to be only temporary. Loralie played with her bracelet, the one Tao got her for her sixteenth birthday. She looked up, needing to face this in a mature sense rather than run away. Elle was confused by her watery eyes, the tears that swarmed in her dark gaze. Sadness, confusion, but most of all fear. "I really like you, Elle. In so many more ways than just my best friend."

It was hard to read Elle's expression. She looked relived and flustered, then again confused and panicky. She went back and forth between Loralie and Tao, now one was confessing their feelings to her. She still liked Loralie so much, but she still liked Tao. She swore to distance herself from him, get over her, but then she sprung this on her. Before she could say anything, before she could decide in that exact moment what to do, Loralie spoke again. "I think you are so beautiful, in every way possible, Elle. I love being around you, and you're one of the first people I want to see every day. I could go my entire life with you every single day and never get sick of you, I really could. I promise."