𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲

this chapter has NOTHING to do with the plot of storyline of the rest of this book

this chapter has NOTHING to do with the plot of storyline of the rest of this book. it's simply a bonus chapter to comfort and provide love to my readers that are anything like me and are struggling with father's day and would like to live vicariously through someone with an amazing dad.

three years ago.

"You-" Loralie pointed at herself in the mirror, doing a spin in her little dress. "-mean everything to meeeee."

"Is there a concert going on in here?" Teddy opened the bedroom door.

"I thought we agreed to knock now!" she turned around with wide eyes.

He pulled the door shut, knocking on the other side. Loralie smiled. "Come in."

"Is there a concert going on in here?" he walked in again to look down at her. "You're gonna be the prettiest year eight out there."

"I heard some year tens might come too." she gave a wide eyed look. "Year tens are so pretty."

"So, you plan to sing to them?" he sat on her bed, much smaller back then.

"No, I plan to dance for them." she smiled. "Only, I can't dance because I step on everyone's toes and most of the time hurt my ankles. Then i'm stuck icing them, even though I hate icing limbs because it feels as thought it'll fall off. And then-"

"Mum never taught you to dance?" Teddy gave an odd look. "I could have sworn she has."

"She'd taught me how to disco." Loralie shook her head. "I don't think my disco is gonna attract any eyes."

"Ah, you wanna attract some eyes." he confirmed. "Any year tens you have your eye on?"

"No." she rolled her eyes with a smile. "But, year tens are nice to look at."

"You'll be a year ten one day and everyone will want to look at you." he pointed out. "When that happens, you tell me, and i'll run them over."

"Dad!" she chunked her pillow at him. "I think when i'm a year eleven i'll attract most eyes."

"Well, until then-" he stood up and held his hands out. "-let your dear ol dad teach you a thing or two."

Loralie took his hands, holding her head up. She got her Mums small height while her dad was ridiculously tall, looking up as he held her hands. "So, to attract a year ten you'll just-"

She figured he'd take her hands and teach her the ins and outs of slow dancing, instead taking her hands and tossing them around. "Discooooo!"

Loralie couldn't help but laugh. "It's not funny!"

"Then why're you laughing?" he teased her.

The doorbell rung, Becca's voice rung. "Loralie, Charlie and his Dad are here!"

Loralie gave a nervous look. "What if no one likes me there?"

"They'll love you." Teddy reassured you. "If they don't, they're all knobs."

Loralie gave a soft smile up to him, nodding her head. Teddy rose a finger and dropping his hand into his pocket to pull out a ring. "It'll fit your thumb for now, but I wanted you to have it. Your Nana gave it to me because she never had any girls, and I wore it on my pinkie, now I want you to have it."

"Me? I'm not responsible." she gapped up at him. "I'll probably drop it. I'll probably toss my hands around and it'll fly off and poke someone's eye out, then we take them to the infirmary, and then they want to tie me up and take my eye. You knew, eye for an eye-"

"If you don't think you're responsible, you don't have to wear it." Teddy clamped her hand around the ring. "But, just keep it with you."

"Loralie!" Becca called again. "Charlie is pacing outside, you better hurry."

"Better go stop Charlie's panic attack." Loralie hugged her Dad. "Will you wait up for me?"

"Always." he kissed the top of her head. "Don't talk to any year tens. Just talk to Tao, I like Tao."

"I-" she ran into the door. "I will."

Then she was gone, leaving Teddy in her empty room. "I love you."

kylie speaks

let loralie and her dad bring
you comfort on today if you
don't have it from your own
dad. i know today can be painful and all around just
a horrible day to sit in, but
if you need to live through
someone else, that's what they
are here for.