15| mental illness type of romance books

Loralie peddled down the pavement, Charlie on the back of her bike

Loralie peddled down the pavement, Charlie on the back of her bike. The fallen leaves flew from under her tires, occasionally ringing the bell. She avoided wearing her Highs skirt while riding, having it stuck in her bag while the shorts she wore rode up her thighs slightly. She'd change before class.The wind felt nice on her heated skin, the faint smell of her recently washed off fake tan wafting profoundly. "I mean, can you believe it? I awoke and there he was, just sitting in the living room. Watching the tellie like it was no big deal, smiling at me. I bet he uses all natural toothpaste, I just know it. How do you think people make all natural toothpaste? How do you get the minty smell to it? Is there even any minty smell to it or is it entirely just to protect your teeth? Are all natural toothpaste owners walking around with bad breath?"

"I wouldn't know." Charlie commented as they neared the shop. "Why didn't you ask him?"

"Because i'm choosing not to speak to him. I am going mute until he is long gone out of my house. Mute as a mute button." she confirmed, ringing her bell in hopes of signaling Tao and Issac inside. "All I wanted to do was eat my cereal and watch my show but my mothers new boyfriend takes my spot and all my oat milk. Can you believe that guy? Show some sympathy to the lactose intolerant girlies!"

"Oh, I just can't believe." Charlie feed into her dramatics, as he always did.

"What can't we believe?" Issac looked their way when the two circled the isle.

"Loralies Mums new boyfriend." Charlie whispered, hoping to avoid yet another fifteen minutes rant.

"Ugh, i'm exhausted. Tao, hold me." Loralie forcefully dropped her backpack, turning around and trust falling backwards.

Tao lunged to catch her before she fell, barley off the floor as he yanked her up right. "And what would you have done if I hadn't jumped to your rescue?"

"I knew you would." she looked over her shoulder with a cheeky grin.

"Nick wants to come out." Charlie smiled at his friends as they looked his way in shock. "To some of his friends at least."

"Sweet boy!" Loralie gushed with a bright smile. "Of course, there's still the fear. Fear of homophobia, fear of judgement, fear of fear. Coming out can be scary but it can be beautiful! On one hand you finally get that weight off your chest and are capable of finally being yourself. On the other hand there's the questioning if maybe that wasn't entirely worth it. In Nicks case, he has such a good support system that it will easily be the first hand. Even though technically everyone still has two hands, mostly everyone anyways. Some birth defects-"

Tao reached around Loralies head and clasped his hand over her mouth, nodding to Charlie. "I thought he wasn't speaking to the rugby lads after the fight with Harry."

"He's not, but i'm gonna help him." Charlie insisted, mentally trying to still process everything Loralie said in under ten seconds.

"Okay." Tao pushed harder on Loralies mouth when she tried to talk behind his hand. "Well, as long as you're both fine with it, and you're looking out for each other."