58. BOY MEETS EVIL

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry," he whispered, lips still against his skin.

His lips were so wonderfully soft and his breath hot, making Jeongguk close his eyes for a few moments, enjoying the warm breath against his neck, then he turned to face him and cupped the tattooist's chin in his hand. He leaned down and stole a tender kiss from his lips. Pulling back slightly, he looked up to find dark irises filled with guilt.

"It's okay, darling," he said in a soft voice, reading him like an open book.

He was well aware that Taehyung always cared whenever he was late somewhere or when he broke one of his promises, even when he had no control over it.

"I was supposed to pick up Jae and make a delicious dinner for you, and because of this guy..."

"Daddy!" Jae suddenly shouted behind him.

Taehyung did not even have time to turn well, and the little boy pressed his body against his legs, wrapping his arms around them.

"Hello, Little Tiger," he said, slipping his fingers into his son's dark hair, then leaned over and took him in his arms. "I'm sorry I didn't pick you up from kindergarten," he said apologetically.

Yesterday evening, when he and Jeongguk were reading him a bedtime story, he promised him that when he picked him up from kindergarten today, they would go on his favorite swing. He felt terrible, knowing that he had failed him. The little boy, however, did not look sad. On the contrary, he was smiling broadly and his doe, dark eyes shone brightly.

"I promised to take you on the swing..."

"Jae was on the swing. Googie took me. Googie knows what Jae likes to do," the boy replied.

"Really? I am very happy, son," he replied, smiling. His right hand, almost involuntarily, sought that of Jeongguk to twine their fingers together. He raised his hand and placed a gentle kiss on top of it. "What would I do without you?" He asked, though he didn't need an answer at all.

He couldn't imagine his life without him anymore.

"I wasn't sure what time you would be back, so I made us a Samgyetang for dinner," the brunet explained, pointing to the prepared dish.

"Smells amazing," the tattoo artist admitted, inhaling the scent of broth and herbs into his lungs, making his stomach twist painfully again, demanding food. "Sit down," he ordered, however, setting his son down on the floor, then grabbed the spoon from the young CEO's hand that the man had been stirring a moment ago with. "You already made a mess today. Let me at least put some food on," he explained, and the brunet smiled and pressed their lips together again in a gentle kiss.

"I love you," he whispered, then ran his fingertips down the tattoo artist's cheek, feeling the hair grow back after shaving.

After a while, however, he pulled away and, turning on his heel, ran quickly to Jae. He leaned towards him and, grabbing him by the arms, lifted him up. He spun on his axis with it, and the little one laughed out loud.

"Are you very hungry, Little Tiger?" He asked, moving with the boy in his arms towards the table. He pushed the chair back and, settling on it, set Jae on his lap.

"Very. Jae wants a lot of cicken," the toddler replied, and Jeongguk laughed out loud, then looked at the tattoo artist who was preparing the bowls for them to pour the Samgyetang he had prepared. "Have you heard your son's special order, Mr. Kim?" The businessman asked with a broad smile on his face.

"Of course, chicken twice for Master Jae," the tattoo artist joked, adding an extra portion of meat to the bowl he had prepared for the boy.

To not break out of character, he threw the cloth over his right forearm. He grabbed the dish and walked towards them, carrying the bowl in one hand like a professional waiter. He set it on the table in front of Jae and bowed low to him, and the little boy started giggling cheerfully.