Twenty Seven || Once a Player always a Player

Começar do início

What? I want to see how he would respond to me sleeping in the same bed as him.

He shrugs, "I have to sleep in the same bed as Leah" he says with a smile.

Ooh, I think my bestie is getting a crush.

I laugh, "Yeah, but you will enjoy it" I respond.

He raises an eyebrow at me, "And you'll enjoy sleeping with James" he laughs.

We didn't deny these facts, because I think I am starting to believe them.

~

We get back up to the porch of the vacation house and stand there for a second.

"How much do you want to bet that everyone is still sitting on their lazy asses?" Grayson smirks.

I chuckle, "I'm not betting anything because I know that is exactly what I am going to see" I turn the door handle and push it open.

Just as I thought, They were all sitting there watching the huge flat screen TV that was planted on the wall. Except for James.

"We are in a beautiful place and all you can do is sit and do nothing" I addressed.

"We're tired, Vena" Leah complained.

I shrug and climb the stairs up to my room. I open the door and see James sleeping there soundly.

I smile at the sight and quietly shut the door behind me.

I walk up to the bed and lean over to see his sleeping face.

Grayson told me to do a cheesy thing: Follow my heart, do what it is telling me to do.

He said that I think too much. That I do what would be logical. Everything I had been doing was to benefit myself in the future.

He told me to think about the now, not the future.

Maybe he was right.

Maybe I was blocking my real feelings for James, but then again maybe I wasn't.

For this one time, I am going to listen to what he told me to do, because it might just help me.

I climb into bed, next to James and lay down in front of him.

I move his arm over so I can cuddle into his chest. I press my head to his chest and I could hear his steady heartbeat.

I noticed that he smelled really good, must have been some cologne.

"Darling" he murmurs.

I look up at his face and see that his eyes are still closed. "Yes?" I reply.

He pulls me closer to his chest, "We need to talk in a bit" he mumbles.

I nod into his shirt, "Yeah we do" I agree.

He drapes his arm over my side and slides his fingers up the hem of my shirt.

I didn't brush his hand away because he had a way of making me feel safe without even really trying.

~
"Shh. This is adorable and you're going to ruin it" Leah's voice wakes me.

I open my eyes and see James's face next to mine.

"Who cares?" Ryder's voice snaps back.

James's eyes flutter open and smiles at me.

"Shut up, Ryder" Leah growls back.

James sits up of arm and looks at them, "Guys please be quiet. Ven is asleep" he whispers.

Then the voices were gone.