THREE

"WHEN WE ARRIVED back at camp, none of us expected to see what we saw." Frances felt sick to her stomach as vivid imagines of DJ's face flashed in her memories.

"What did you see?" Dean asked, leaning forward and pushing the cup of water closer to the girl.

Frances took the water and shakily brought the cup to her mouth, to take a sip. Tears brimmed her eyes as she remembered his body.

"He was covered in blood." The blonde spoke. "His limbs were ripped to shreds." She choked up before she whispered, "He didn't have a face anymore."

She slowly reached up to touch her own face, she couldn't have ever imagined the kind of pain that he went though before his death.

To try and occupy her mind, Frances began to fiddle with the ring on her finger. She thought back to the time when she was given the ring.

A promise was made that day.

D A Y  O N E

Frances couldn't bring herself to look at the body. Every time she did, she felt sick to her stomach. Nobody had touched him. Nobody dared too.

The only time Frances looked up from her shoes was when the other group came running over to them. Her eyes instantly locked with Seth's.

"Oh fuck. Oh Jesus." Seth mumbled once he saw JD.

Kirin slowly leant down to turn the body over. Frances couldn't even look, she closed her eyes for a moment and let go of a shaky breath.

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she looked down at DJ's body. He was unrecognisable. She covered her mouth to prevent herself from letting out a loud sob.

Frances stumbled away from the group, she couldn't hold it back anymore. She turned behind a rock and vomited. Angrily, she pulled her hood down and her hair behind her. She needed to breath.

She needed a minute alone. To process.

The blonde stayed behind the rock until nightfall. Seth had found her, they were going to send DJ's body out to sea and he felt like everyone needed to be there.

Before they returned to camp, he reminded her that it was still the best idea to keep her true identity hidden, as they didn't really know the group that well and anything could happen.

"You okay, Phineas?" Scotty questioned. Frances didn't answer at first. She was too focused on the now wrapped up body that belonged to DJ.

Seth cleared his throat to gain the girls attention. Frances realised that Scotty was in fact talking to her, so she nodded her head and softly smiled. Not that he could see her face, due to the hood that was covering it and the low light.

Frances watched as Seth and Raf picked up DJ's body and carried him out to sea. Her eyes brimmed with tears once again, and her stomach flipped, giving her that sicky feeling.

It was Day One, and someone had already died. What hope did that give the rest of them?

Once Seth and Raf made it back to shore, everyone split to go their separate ways. Each taking a moment to be by theirselves or with their friends. Frances took this as her prefect opportunity to leave and take some time by herself away from the boys.