13//~suspicions~

a boomerang will always return back to the person who throws it

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

"Shh!" she hushed him as they snuck back into the castle during dusk. The hallway echoed far too much, so much so that even their footsteps could be heard if they were not careful. She would know, having perfected all the secret routes as Ajab.

"Nahi, iss aur sipayi honge. Aap yaha se chaliye," Ajabde said once again after they took a turn and lead him down a smaller secluded lobby until they had reached the palace garden where they would part ways.

"Shubhratri," she quickly said as she began walking to her destination.

Kunwar Pratap hurried behind her.

"Kaha?" he questioned her with raised eyebrows. 

"Apne kuksh mein. Aur kaha?" she stated the obvious unsure as to why Kunwar Pratap needed to ask such a question.

"Hum tumhe swayam chhodenge kuksh tak. Raat hone ko hain aise mein akeli kaise janne de?" he replied.

"Nahi," Ajabde denied quickly.

"Ji haan,"

"Nahi nahi!"

"Haan haan!"

"Bigdel Rajkumar,"

"Samasiya ki dukan,"

"Hmmph."

"Hmm? Ab chale?" he asked and put forth his arm motioning for her to start walking. Ajabde frowned. He was SO stubborn and wanted his way every. Single. Time. She walked in front leading the way to the back garden wall. It was nearly time for her shift and her floor would be buzzing with other girls finally awake from their peaceful slumber, getting ready to begin working. There was no way she could go that way right now. WITH HIM.

"Thoda kusht karengi aur hume batayengi ki kyun ruki hain? Abhi tak aapka kuksh nahi aiya hain," he asked.

"Woh mein yahi deewar phang ke jayungi," Ajabde replied. "Aap ab ja sakte hain."

"Kyun? Tumhare kuksh mein dwaar nahin hain kya?" he questioned sarcastically.

"Dwar andar se bandh hoga essiliye. Woh sab aap jane dijiye. Ab aap jaiye yaha se,"

Kunwar Pratap glanced at the wall approximately 30ft high and then back towards the tiny, dainty, fragile girl and burst out laughing.

Ajabde gave him a look of confusion.

"Humne koi parihass nahi kiya hain." Ajabde interrupted his outburst of laughter. Usually, the rare sound of his laughter was music to her ears but she was getting a fishy feeling that he wasn't just laughing, but he was laughing at her. 

"Tum? Yeh deewar?" he asked in between his fits of laughter.

"Apne naitro se dekh liyo," she replied taking his comment as a challenge. He looked at her determined expression and laughed even harder. Ajabde rolled her eyes at his immaturity and ignorance. She rolled up her bangles up her wrist and tucked her partially damp dupatta into her waist.

"Dekhiye, eetni gambhir baat bhi nahi hain. Etni uchai se girengi to hath paer na toot jaiye. Adhik chot aiyegi. Rehne dijiye, sidhe marg se chalte hain. Dwar hum khol-" he stopped laughing in an instant and began trying to convince Ajabde to ditch this plan after he realized she was not joking but before he could complete his sentence Ajabde had already begun. 

She placed her first foot on a loose brick and then her next foot onto another loose brick a bit further up. The distance was quite large but Ajabde was accustomed to it. She had climbed many trees and jumped many walls.

Wherever You Stray, I Follow (Kunwar Pratap/Ajabde [PrAja])जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें