'I was thinking the same thing,' Suga grumbled as he adjusted the ice pack behind his head. 'I heard Yunhee and "Tae" talking about their past on several occasions-'

'Fuck!' Jimin punched a line of books off the shelf, cursing at his own stupidity.

How could he have missed something so crucial?

Pushing away from the ledge, he pivoted around with a frenzied laugh. 'The memories.'

'Memories?' Namjoon frowned as he shoved his glasses into his tousled hair. 'What memories?'

'When Yunhee and I were in the parallel universe, we saw snippets of our doppelgängers' lives,' Jimin explained. 'Taehyung must have seen Tae's mem-'

'Wait a sec, wait a sec,' Suga waved his palm around as he tried to sit up. 'You let that ratbag take Yunhee out on three dates knowing that he was privy to their memories?'

'I didn't know it was Taehyung, Yoongi!' Jimin hollered as someone pounded on the front entrance.

A tremendous silence fell over the room, all mouths dropping open as their heads turned to the hallway.

'Who the devil is that?' Jin whispered, but Jimin was already vaulting over the slouched Suga, sprinting to the library door with a racing heart until Namjoon snagged his elbow and whirled him around.

'A little caution, boss,' he murmured. 'It could be Taehyung.'

Out of stubborn principle, Jimin smacked Namjoon's fingers away, but nodded in agreement as Jin drew his Smith & Wesson and tutted at the injured man struggling to rise from the lounge pug.

'Don't be stupid, Min. You're in no fit state to defend yourself. Stay here. We'll go check it out.'

Blowing an exasperated raspberry, Suga begrudgingly slumped against the giant cushion, leaving the trio to arm up and slip through the foyer as the hammering continued.

'That can't be Taehyung,' Namjoon shook his head as they crept towards the trembling door. 'He knows we'll kill him if he comes back.'

'If we kill him, we won't be able to find Yunhee,' Jin countered. 'He currently holds all the cards, Joon.'

'Unless it's JK and Hobi. They've been gone for hours-'

'Put a sock in it, you two!' Jimin hissed.

Before Jin and Namjoon could debate any further, Jimin twisted the handle and yanked the entrance open.

The sight that greeted him brought little joy, but there was no time for heartache and disappointment, only red hot wrath as he levelled his Raptor straight between the eyes of the only person that could lead him to Yunhee.

'You motherfucker.' Jimin's voice was like subdued thunder as he stepped onto the down-lit porch and steered the faux-shocked son-of-a-bitch backwards.

'Whoa, whoa, whoa!' Taehyung stumbled away with his hands raised in the air. 'Don't shoot! Don't shoot!'

*

Tae was not having a good day.

The third blow to his gut really packed a punch, but the fist in his hair that wrenched his neck to an excruciatingly unpleasant angle, and the fat gun lodged beneath his jaw, was enough to make his teeth chatter.

He'd never really been in Park Jimin's good books, particularly after embezzling from the man's livelihood, but this was not the greeting he expected after nine days of incarceration.