1 - Natsunagi (Revised)

Start from the beginning

At some point I was able to leave that place however her smile never left my mind.

- - -

Years later, I became a highschool student who was unnoticed by almost everyone. Almost. I had one friend who I could connect with Kimizuka Kimihiko. He has a knack for getting into trouble and after being pulled in a few times we naturally grew to enjoy each other's company.

We both sat in the classroom as I was writing a paper to apologize for a myriad of things and he looked out of the window listlessly exchanging a few words here and there.

At once the door slammed open to reveal a girl with long black hair with a side ponytail tied with a red ribbon. Her red eyes reminded me of the girl at the ocean.

She marched over to Kimihiko grabbing him by the collar and practically yelled in his face.

"Hey are you the famous detective Kimizuka Kimihiko? If you are then hurry up and spit it out!"

At once both of us had a hundred questions for this strange girl who barged in and demanded answers.

"Did you not hear me? You writing there ignoring me, you Kimizuka!?"

Kimihiko sat back in his seat adjusting his collar after throwing her hand off without much effort or care for delicacy while I put my pen down.

"Wrong person. Let's go Kanaf."

I nodded and began to pack my bags as he started to walk past her completely ignoring the weird girl.

"I said wait. Keep moving and I'll touch the thingy at the back of your friend's throat. Now answer my question."

She had stuck her hand in my mouth wiggling her fingers around and not his for some reason treating me like a hostage. I was tempted to bit down on her nails but she might really yank it.

"This is unreasonable..."

"Then don't ignore my question Kimizuka Kimihiko."

She began to wiggle her hand around in my mouth without regard for my opinion while I made muffled sounds struggling.

"I'm not a detective though. So hurry up and move your hand from his mouth weirdo."

She pulled her hand out of my mouth with a few lines of saliva and looked at me with disgust.

"Ew getting a girl's hand that you just met covered with your saliva. Gross. And you're 18 years old.

"When is it ever not gross dumbass!"

I even started to cry a bit, my poor uvula and hygiene.

"Oh are you crying because you're begging for more?"

She looked down on me condescendingly with a dark look in her eyes while Kimizuka looked at me with pity.

"You don't fight back but sit there pathetically."

"Hey! That's en-"

As I was complaining mentally I was embraced with a feeling just like the summer that night. She hugged me and slowly and gently patted my head pulling me in closely.