Stay

Honey Ilona

"Morning, Honey" Bree smiled as she placed a cup of coffee in front on me on my desk.

I gave her a short smile but not really paying attention since I was on the phone.

"Yes. I can transfer you to someone who can be of more help if that's alright? Ok, hold for a moment please" I tore the phone from my ear and pressed a couple of buttons on the pad before I was able to hang up on my end and finally look at Bree.

"Morning, Honey" she repeated now that I was fully listening and pointed to the coffee on my desk.

"Morning" I smiled back, picking up the beverage and taking a sip "How are you?"

"I'm good" she replied "Actually really exhausted. Sebastian and I had a late night and we—wait, that brings me to my question... where were you last night?"

"Uh—" I chuckled nervously "I-I was home—by myself. At home by myself. Just me, myself and I" I tried to give her a convincing smile but As flashbacks from last night played through my head, it was harder to lie to her.

"Hmm" she nodded slowly "You are a horrible liar, Honey"

I bit my tongue and just stared at her. There was so way I was telling her about Draco so soon. Partly because I wasn't sure how'd she react or even, how I'd react with her knowing.

But how long I could bite my tongue? I had no clue because in fact, I was a horrible liar.

"Was it a guy? We're you with a guy!?" She dropped her mouth open in slight surprise "Honey! What the f—No tell me! Was it your first time? Oh, I have so many questions" she smiled widely and sat on the edge of my desk.

"Bree please—"

"Merlin! You were! Holy Salazar" she laughed "You must tell me everything! Was it good—was it bad? Is that why you're not telling me? Baby, I promise you that he's not worth anything. If he didn't have you gripping the sheets—"

I coughed uncomfortably and shifted in my seat.

"Wait... was it not in a bed?" She gasped "Now you have to fucking tell me! I'm you best friend, you must at least tell me you slept with someone—"

"Good morning" Bree yelped and immediately stood to her feet. So forcefully she nearly tripped.

I whipped my head around and of course.

He's there.

"Uh—" Bree cleared her throat "Mr Malfoy... how-how long have you been standing there?"

He shrugged and crossed his arms "Since the gripping sheets"

I groaned loudly and spun around to cradle my head in my hands against the desk.

"Ok" Bree chuckled nervously "I'm gonna go..." she turned around to leave but not before leaning towards me and whispering "You're telling me every detail" she then took off, leaving me alone with Draco.

I kept my head held in my hands. I didn't want to face him after the embarrassment Bree had just put me through.

It was silent for a moment. A moment where I had thought he'd returned to his office.

Until I felt his hand caress my shoulder, pushing my hair off to one side and revealing my ear.

"I'm my office" he whispered causing an uncontrollable shiver to run throughout my body. 

He then moved away from me and it was the close of his door that made me finally turn my head up and stare at the empty space where he just stood.

I stood from my chair and repeated to myself that when at work, he's my boss. This is my job and what we do outside hours, had nothing to do with what I do within.