Chapter 52: Day Off

Start from the beginning

"They aren't trying to be. They just know how much we've both done for the village in the past couple of years." I let him pull me back into bed. I snuggled closer to him, happy to have some time with him. However it was short lived.

"Okami get back here!" I heard Kankuro yelled as Okami burst through the door.

"Well that was short lived." I chuckled. Okami jumped into bed with us. We both laughed as he licked our faces. "Okay Okami! We'll get up." I laughed.

Good because I'm starving. I rolled my eyes.

"When aren't you starving?" He laughed with me. Gaara smiled at the two of us lovingly.

At least you love me more than Gaara. Okami bragged, giving Gaara a look.

"I don't know about that." I smirked. "Let's go you two." I headed to the bathroom to get ready. Gaara followed me, wrapping his arms around my waist just like last night.

"Later can we continue what we started last night." I felt heat coming into my cheeks as I looked at him in the mirror. He had a smirk on his face as he looked me in the eyes through the mirror.

"Gaara..." I muttered softly.

Are you two going to start eating each other's faces again? Okami popped his head in.

"N-no!" I pushed Gaara away and finished brushing my teeth. I shooed him out to change and came out a minute later. He had his gourd on and was ready to go. I followed him and Okami out to the living room.

"Ah so that's what all the noise was." Temari remarked when she saw us up.

"Okami is an early riser." I chuckled.

"He also likes telling us that you were eating each other's faces last night." Temari smirked.

"Okami!!" I yelled at him. My face getting hot again. "I'm soooo out of here." I turned and headed out into the bright morning. I could hear Temari and Kankuro laughing as I walked away from the house. Okami didn't follow me. Gaara on the other hand did.

"Temari and Kankuro are going to keep Okami out of our hair today."

"Great so he can tell them more embarrassing things..." I groaned. Gaara grabbed my hand gently.

"It's fine."

"Whatever..." he steered me towards our favorite place to eat. Naruto and the others just so happened to be there too. "Naruto!" I smiled with Gaara as we walked over.

"Mia, Gaara." He smiled back.

"You feeling okay?" Sakura asked us.

"I feel okay." I smiled at her too, Gaara simply nodded with a small smile.

"Are you guys leaving today?" I asked.

"No tomorrow. It's going to be a long trip back for us." My dad explained.

"Maybe not."

"What do you mean?" Sakura asked.

"I've been working on teleporting other people with my ice transportation jutsu."

"That's amazing!" Naruto complimented.

"Thanks, I've been working on it for a little over a year now." My dad seemed impressed.

"You remind me of my sensai." He commented.

"The fourth hokage. Right?" He nodded. "He was nicknamed the yellow flash because of his teleporting speed."

"He was an amazing shinobi and an even better hokage." I could see it made my dad happy to speak about his sensai.

"I'm sure he was. I mean he trained you after all." I grinned.