Sunday May 10, 2009

When I woke up this morning I thought something was off. I looked at my alarm clock, and oh my days I had slept two more full hours! Then it hit me, I didn't get woken up by Jase. I jumped out of bed and ran across the hall, and I saw an empty room. My baby wasn't here. He wasn't warm in his crib, he wasn't here with his momma and daddy. I ran back into our bedroom and screamed Caleb's name, he woke up startled.

"Caleb he's gone! Jase isn't in the nursery!" I said bawlin' my eyes out. He grabbed me and held me in a tight hug.

"Baby baby baby, whoa whoa whoa, slow it down. Breathe darlin'.  I took him to your sisters so we could celebrate Mother's Day." I laid on his bare chest with his hand on my head. I broke apart and looked at him.

"You-you took Jase to Misty?"

"I did. I wanted to take you out doing your favorite things today." He wiped my tears away and kissed down my neck. "I'm sorry for scaring you baby." He said in his gruff voice.

"I swear Caleb you are gonna give me a heart attack one day!" I pecked his lips with a kiss, got out of the bed and walked away.

"Lindy Rae where in the world are you goin'?" 

"You said you was takin' me to my favorite things today. So I am gettin' ready handsome." I flicked my hair back and winked at him. 

"Well dang. Can I come watch?" He said trying to get out of the tangled bed sheets.

I've never been so stared at in my entire life! I got dressed and ready, and we made our way to a special little place that has a perminant spot in my heart. Not only do I love it so much, my daddy runs the place! Lemme tell you one thing, growin' up this is the only place that would cheer up my sorrows; this and daddy dressin' up like Dolly or Reba. Snugglin' all these precious little puppies is a little girls dream. 

We made it to a little ole house that stands right beside a little creek. As soon as I closed the truck door, daddy came runnin' down those steps.

"There's my little angel! Come give your daddy a hug! It wouldn't hurt to come more often ya know?" My father said grinnin' ear to ear.

Caleb piped up. "Who her? An angel? Whew you obviously haven't been around her."

"You're one to talk!" I said pushing Caleb's hat in his face, he laughed.

"You still workin' on that rig son?" 

"Sure am old man." Caleb said wrapping his arm around my daddy's shoulder. I made my way to my little puppies. 

"When you gonna have to go back?" 

"Next week. I'm just glad I got to spend Mother's Day with her."

"What'd you do with Jase? Leave him to fend for himself?" He said sarcastically.

"No, I dropped him off at Misty's." Daddy rolled his eyes.

"That girl hasn't seen me in I don't know how long. At least I got one daughter comin' to visit every now and again." Caleb laughed. "Well, don't you wanna know how our deal is comin' along?"

"Yes sir. Is it goin' well?" They both sat on the porch steps. 

"Well duh I'm the one doin' it ain't I? All them little golden retrievers have been trained to hunt. Every last one of 'em, girl, boy, doesn't matter. If Lindy has a favorite, y'all can have 'em free of charge."

"Alright I'll go tell her!" He went runnin' to the puppy shed and ended up seein' me laying down on the ground getting puppy lovin's.

"Now what in the world is goin' on in here?" He propped himself on the door frame. 

"I'm in love! Just don't tell my husband that!" I said talking to a puppy.

"I'll tell you what, you find the one you like the most and we can take them home."

"Are you jokin' me? Tell me you're serious!" I said with my mouth wide open of shock.

"I'm foreal, I made a deal with your daddy." I got up, hugged him, and began looking for the right little one. 

"Aww that little one right there, he's cute isn't he babe?" I picked the puppy up and snuggled him into my chest. 

"Darlin', what ever you want." He said kissing my forehead. 

"I can't wait to see Jase and show him his new best friend!" Caleb smiled at me holding the puppy. 

"Happy Mother's Day baby, I love you." 

"I love you too babe."