Monday August 18, 2008

"Hang on Jase momma's coming!" I say running around the house like a headless chicken. I pull open the freezer and get a teething toy out. Right about the time that I'm halfway up the stairs I hear the home phone ring. I ran back down the steps and picked up the phone just in time.

"Hello?" I snapped.

"Hey sweetie, it's Felicia. I was wonderin', you wanna go grab some lunch? I just dropped Syd off at a friends house." I sighed, supporting my hand on top of my head.

"Oh hey Felicia. I'd love to but Jase is teethin' and it feels like I can't seem to catch up with him. It feels like I'm goin' off my rocker." I let out a nervous laugh while going up the stairs. I heard Felicia snicker a little bit.

"Oh sugar, I'll be over in 5!" She exclaimed to me.

"No no Felicia you don't have to-." I tried getting out.

"You heard me. I'm on my way!" She hung up. Oh dear lord I didn't wanna sound like I couldn't handle it, just seems like it's hard to juggle all of this all of a sudden. When I finally made it to the baby's room, I picked him up and sat him on my lap in the rocking chair. I let him chew on the frozen toy for a bit when I heard knocking. Felicia definitely kept her promise. Jase was just beginning to settle down, I realized I still had the home phone in my hand. I called Felicia while she was waiting on the front step.

"Hello?" She answered confusingly.

"There's a spare key under the flower pot to your right. I'm in the nursery." I whispered out, she laughed and hung up.

Felicia walked into the nursery, tilted her head and gave a genuine smile. I gave her a sarcastic smile when she sat on the stool beside me. "Sugar, I ain't gonna lie, you look like you got hit by a mac truck." She laid her hand on my knee. "I know, feel like it too."

"Whatcha need me to do around here?" She asked quietly. "Well he's almost asleep so I'll put him down and do the dishes." I whispered and grinned. Felicia winked and said she was going to work on the laundry.

After making our way downstairs she started asking questions. When was the last time I slept, when was the last time Caleb and I video chatted, how's he doin', and how am I doin' stuff like that.

After getting done with all the chores around the house we settled down on the couch and watched some TV. I couldn't tell you what we were watching because I fell asleep the second I sat down. My slumber was cut short when Jase woke up crying and screamin' his little head off. I was starting my way up when Felicia pushed me back down.

"I'll get him. You need to lay down for a bit, relax yourself." She patted my shoulder as she walked away. I just smiled. I was so thankful for Felicia helping me out, who knows how I would be doing without her.

Felicia came to the corner of the couch and woke me up. I woke up startled thinking something was wrong. Felcia shushed me before I started to scream, she jestured towards the bedroom for me to go inside.

"It's alright just go to your bedroom, someone is waiting for ya." She rested her hand on my back.

I was confused as to why she was making me go to the bedroom. When I walked into the room I heard glitching noises. In the corner of my eye I seen Caleb on the computer.

"Well there's my beautiful beautiful wife." He stood there smiling covered in what I'm guessing is mud or oil. I smiled at the site of him. "Hi honey, how are you doing?"

"I'm doin' pretty good. I sure do miss your cookin', much love to the folks that cook our meals but they sure do things different than you do. He said while his laugh glitches out. "Where's little man?"

"I'm guessing Felicia still has him sleepin' it's been a rough day today." I brushed my hair with my fingers after seeing my reflection in the mirror beside me.

"Aw well I wish was there to help you with him. I'm sure the teethin' parts been a horror movie." He rubbed his neck.

"We'll be fine babe. You know Felicia, she's so stubborn she said she'll babysit him when I go back to work.

"I'll watch him on the days I'm not working." He paused. "Or at least I'll try to."

"I know honey. You can only do so much, you know that."

"Yeah I know that. I just miss you guys. I like it here, I just like you guys better." He fumbled a picture of Jase and I.

"We miss you too