2 (Escaped)

Jisung glanced at the clock one more time.

11:40 pm

He quietly tiptoed outside of his room, towards the other bedroom next to his own. Confirming that his sister was asleep, Jisung slowly made his way towards the room opposite to his to check if his father was asleep as well.

And he was. Without a care in the world.

Jisung slipped out of the room without making any noise, back to his own bedroom where a fairly big brown duffle bag waited for his return on his big white mattress.

He used a pen to write on a sticky note and placed it on his bedside table from where it could be seen easily.

'I'm leaving. Don't look for me'
- Jisung

And with that he climbed out of the window along with the bag he had prepared, with some difficulty but he managed.

-------

Minho wandered on the dark and lonely street. A long wooden stick in his hands which he had picked up from the ground and a small candy in his mouth.

He dragged the stick behind him leisurely, making a screeching sound as he walked through the isolated street.

Finding nothing interesting to do, he simply wandered to wash away his boredom rather than simply laying on the park bench and trying to count the stars on a cloudy night.

His stomach grumbled indicating that he was hungry. Ofcourse he was when he hadn't had proper food in atleast 2 days.

Minho could see a yellowish light emanating from somewhere nearby so he followed the source and found a corner store which was about to close.

He checked his pant pocket and found a few bills, enough to satisfy his hunger. The boy quickly rushed towards the store before they could close.

"Sorry but we are closing now"

"I won't take much time I promise!", Minho pleaded hoping that the shop owner would let him in. The owner eventually gave in and allowed Minho to choose whatever he had to.

With a grateful smile Minho quickly went towards the instant food section and picked up whatever he could pay for with the few dollars he had.

"Uhm can I get some hot water?", he requested.

The owner nodded before pointing towards the hot water kettle on the small stove at the corner, "Finish it up"

Minho nodded quickly heating up the water for his instant noodles and pouring it in. "Thank you so much", he bowed indicating his gratefulness before he walked out of the store and towards his usual place, that being the park bench.

He was about to take a bite from his dinner when he heard a scream.

--------

Jisung escaped the streets around his house not wanting to be caught, he slipped into a more quiet and stranded one with no streetlights either.

The utter darkness scared him so he tried to find a light source to stop himself from being paranoid and so he followed the flickering yellow light in a distance.

"Why didn't I eat anything!?", Jisung groaned feeling his stomach grumble. He was about to walk into the store and buy himself something with the money he had taken with him but before he even got a closer look at the store, it was closed.

The owner walked away, locking the store behind him. Jisung sighed in defeat, "Guess no food for me today"

He was about to turn around and walk away but the crumpling of stray leaves on the cement road he was stood on stopped him in tracks.