Chapter 04. "To Delhi."

Same day 10:00 am, Marina Bay Cruise Centre, Singapore.

The morning zephyr had an uncanny sense of farewell to it. The dark ocean-blue water felt so calm and in control, that it was hard to imagine the water angrily swishing and swirling around, taking the deadly form and wrecking destruction.

Similar was the case with a woman clad in a white summer dress, eyes covered by shades and raven hair tied in a messy bun. Anyone who crossed her awed at the angelic beauty she embodied but little did they knew about the storm brewing within her, they would run for their lives.

At this moment the serene setting of the sea, the hues of the morning and the chatter of the mortals took a back seat in Aahana's mind as she was reeling through the silence before a storm.

A deadly and grotesque storm that was raging within her for the last three years.

She without wasting a breath knew, she was not being punished but what she didn't understand was the reason behind his austere silence. Silence never had an iota of importance when they were together but that didn't mean they relied on words to understand each other. Although, right now she herself wasn't sure if that was still effectively valid.

It was confusing the shit out of her and making her want to wreck havoc however her perpetual inability to do so on the man in question was more disturbing.

If there was something Aahana despised even in her sleep, apart from rain then it was the feeling of helplessness.

For the first time she felt drained due to the helplessness building in her soul but didn't hate a minute of it. Because the concern here, was the blood curdling love which she cherished with every fiber of hers. She pragmatically knew, in the long run being helpless in love instead of helplessly in love was going to be her love language. But was she complaining? No, never!

The man she had promised to embrace for all the seven lives was worth every battle with destiny and anything beyond. She could die and even kill, For him; To be with him;  To see him smile; To see him alive.

But what Aahana didn't dream even in her nastiest nightmares was the man shrewdly questioning his own worth. And when she would face the savage revelation, that day she would wreck the goddamn havoc.

She sighed involuntarily when her phone rang. Gone was the moment of untainted peace so was the loathsome helplessness, too.

She wanted some quite time for herself so she had taken a secluded, dull corner of the dock and had kicked her secretary out asking him to fetch some coffee for her. She saw him clumsily approaching with her dose of morning goodness and in her unruly craving she declined the call without glancing at the name of the caller.

Sidharth heard a curt thank you when he handed her the dark beverage. He had come to appreciate her gesture of saying thank-you whenever he did something mundane for her. Others were ought to confuse it for him harboring unprofessional feelings for her even though it was purely platonic. It was righteous admiration and a sense of friendship for him.

"We should get going ma'am."

"Lead the way." She slung her white baguette on her right dainty shoulder before clutching the handle of her heavy suitcase to drag it. The take away espresso offered warmth to her left hand that housed a simple gold band snuggly encased around the ring finger.

Sidharth frowned in confusion when she pulled the suitcase on her own. He was about to take it, when her phone blared again, demanding attention. He heard her swear coherently while handing him the coffee before answering the impatient caller.