Chapter Forty Three: Rescue Mission

Start from the beginning

"I'm here!" Chloe ran in looking flustered.

"What have we said about time keeping?"

"I'm here, am I not?" she rolled her eyes. "And technically it's your fault, putting me on duty with Fletcher. You know Mundungus is incapable of doing anything productive. Also Aries is coming with us."

Moody began to hesitate but Chloe spoke over him.

"She's been training for over a month now, plus we're only flying down to Surrey and back."

"Fine, Black can come but if anything happens it's on you, clear? " Moody said, ignoring Aries as she corrected him.

"Crystal."

He tapped his walking stick on the ground as he started to walk out.

"Just a fair warning," Sirius said, looking at Aries. "He's a spitting image of James."

She looked over at Remus who nodded in agreement.

Aries had missed James ever since he went into hiding, she remembered how caring he was and how he had taken her into his home, Fleamont and Euphemia too. She only hoped that Harry would have received the same love his father would have given him if he were still alive.

"Let's get a move on, Lupin, Black- girl Black let's go."

"Anderson." she muttered but Moody didn't hear her. They set off, joined by Hestia Jones, Dedalus Diggle and Emmeline Vance along with Kingsley and Tonks.

It didn't take them long to get to the suburban street. Their front gardens were yellowing baring one opposite the house they were about to enter.

"Muggles should be gone." Tonks whispered to Aries. "They're off to collect a best kept lawn prize."

"They believed it?" she asked, looking at their garden, it was hardly best kept.

"These muggles will believe everything."

Moody shushed them as he unlocked the door, he then waved for them to get into the house. Aries stuck up her nose as the smell of perfume clogged her nostrils.

The house was very different to Grimmauld place, very tidy and neatly put, they'd probably win best kept living room instead, if they got rid of the obnoxious salmon couch.

"Told you they'd go." Tonks said, her grin wide as they entered the empty room.

Aries looked at the mantelpiece above the fireplace, pictures of a family of three were dotted around the living room, no sign of another person living there.

"You sure this is the right house?" she asked.

Tonks looked at the photo's and nodded, picking one up. "Should be- shit." she muttered as it almost fell out of her hand.

"Nymphadora!" Moody whispered angrily.

"Tonks." she repeated, but pulled a quick face at Aries.

"Don't touch anything." Chloe scolded.

"I won't." Tonks started to salute but her hand grazed a vase that smashed onto the ground, her hair turned a light pink as she widened her eyes in embarrassment, Aries tried to hold in her laugh. The others stared at her momentarily.

"What did I just say?" Chloe said, glaring at her.

"That was Aries." Tonks said, as they filed up the stairs quietly.

As they reached a door Aries' eyebrows furrowed when Moody used his wand to unlock it.

Why on earth was it locked?

On the other side of the door, a silhouette stood with their wand held up in defence, it was too dark for Aries to see Harry's features.

"Put that wand down boy, you'll take someone's eye out."

"Professor Moody?"

"Not much of a Professor was I?"

Remus spoke up when Harry didn't put his wand down. "It's alright Harry, we've come to take you away."

"Professor Lupin?"

Chloe muttered about how dark it was and casted lumos. Aries had to hold in a gasp when she saw him. Sirius wasn't wrong, he had the same untidy jet black hair, even down to the same posture, the only difference were his bright green eyes, the same as Lily's other than that Harry really was a spitting image of James.

After a quick questioning Remus introduced the order to Harry. "-and this is Sirius' sister-"

"Sirius has a sister?" Harry stared wide eyed at Aries.

"Nice to know he mentioned me," she rolled her eyes jokingly, holding her hand out to shake. "I'm Aries."

"Alright enough chit chat, is your trunk packed?" Moody asked.

Harry shook his head. "Uhh, no."

"Start with that, Tonks, Black, help him the rest will wait downstairs."

Aries had given up correcting him, maybe if she started calling him Happy he'd say her correct name.

She noticed Harry's bedroom was a lot different to the rest of the house, Gryffindor banners were hung up along the wall, James would have loved that. Although furniture wise, he only had a bed, a side table and a wardrobe, which all seemed second hand almost broken.

She picked up a picture of James and Lily from the side table, smiling softly, it had been taken in the garden of Potter Manor a few years before Harry was born.

"Did you know them?" Harry asked, as she set it back down.

She nodded. "Yeah, I stayed with your father and his family for a few years after I left home."

Harry tilted his head, "You did?"

She wondered if he had heard many stories about his parents. "Yeah, they were kind like that, no matter who you were, they accepted you. James was like a brother to me."

Harry's face fell slightly.

"You alright?" she asked.

He cleared his throat and nodded avoiding her eyes. "Yeah... I just wish that I got to know them both."

Aries gave him a sympathetic smile, "Well what I can say is your father was a very annoying sod."

Harry curled his lips into a smile.

"I just hope you're not like him." Aries grinned.

"Most people say I'm like my mum."

Aries pretended to sigh a relief. "Ahh, thank Merlin."

"Right, am I the only one packing?" Tonks said as she attempted to use a packing spell but the trunk didn't move an inch.

"Why don't you let me do the household spells," Aries said, grabbing her wand from her robes.

"That would be best." Tonks agreed.

A few moments later everything was packed and ready to go, they made their way back downstairs where the others were waiting.

"Great, first signal should be in a minute." Remus said, "I've left a letter telling your aunt and uncle not to worry-"

"They won't."

"- that you're safe-"

"That'll just depress them."

"-and you'll see them next summer."

"Do I have to?"

Remus smiled but didn't say anything, Aries stared at Harry, he had said it so nonchalantly. She knew Lily's sister hadn't been the best accepting of magic but she didn't think she would resent her nephew for it.

Moody looked out of the window. "That was the first signal, let's go."

____________________
Hey guys, how are you all?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter

Please vote and comment 🌟