She's scared of them.

I cuddle blue closer to me as she lays her paws in the crook of my neck, getting comfortable as she cuddles up in my chest.

She goes over my collarbone with her nose before turning her head to one side, laying her small head down on my chest as I stroke her back softly.

She's the most adorable kitten I have ever seen.

I turn the TV volume up a bit as the men talk louder, causing me to get annoyed since the movie was just getting to the good part.

Ron was just about to kiss Hermione, they're so cute.

I used to ship Harry and Hermione a lot in the first few movies, but then when I say Ron and Hermione, I literally fell in love with them.

I'm jealous.

As they walk into the living room, I turn the Tv on pause, causing the screen to show the kiss. Good timing.

"Amara. How was your day?" Lucifer says, sitting next to me on the couch, seeing as it's a corner sofa, one elbow on the top of the couch to lean on it as his body turns to me.

"It was good. How was the conference?" I say, sitting up a bit. I don't really care about how the conference went, since I know they didn't even want to go in the first place.

"Fucking useless is what it was." Another voice encounters the room, a very grumpy and agitated one, I immediately recognize it's Seth.

I knew he would be the one to say that. Seth is literally the most predictable person I have ever met and it's incredibly funny at times.

"Language." Lucifer says, taking Seth's eyes over to mind ad I just know that Seth doesn't care one bit.

Neither do I. I'm not five anymore.

"Did you do anything today?" Lucifer asks me as he carefully pats Blue's head, which is still on my chest.

"Woke up really late, read a bit, helped Alexa cleaning, went for a walk through the flower garden and now I'm here." I explain as blue jumps out of my arms, making me laugh as she runs away.

They have the most beautiful flower garden, filled with all sorts of flowers. Hydrangeas, Orchids, Cherry blossoms, Lavender, and they even have bird paradise, the most beautiful flower I have ever seen in my life.

"What the fuck are you watching?" Seth says, leaning over the couch, looking at Blue in disgust as she runs away. That's so mean.

Seth is always so mean to her. I mean, none of them really like her, but at least they act normal. Seth on the other hand does the exact opposite which hurts my feelings sometimes.

Blue did nothing wrong.

"Harry Potter." I say with a big smile on my face. It has been one of my favourite movies ever since I was a kid.

"It's for children, as I can see, you are not a child, yes? So turn it off before I ban you from watching television ever again. Understood?" Seth says with a low and gruff voice, making goosebumps appear on my arms and my legs.

I look up at him for a few more seconds before I grab the remote from the coffee table and turn off the TV. , throwing the remote on the coffee table which makes a loud sound, turning Seth even angrier. I sit with a pout on my face as Lucifer starts to talk.

"She can watch whatever the fuck she wants. If you don't like what's on TV then leave, we have a thousand more televisions here. No need to talk to her like that." Lucifer angrily says.
I have never seen him this angry.

He's kind of-

No. Ew. No.

Get it out of your head.

Seth huffs as he walks away, definitely not liking the movie and thinking it's for kids like he does with everything I watch.

"Thank you, but I have been watching TV for the most part of the day, perhaps it's time for me to do something to help, maybe?" I ask Lucifer as he thinks for a second

"Come on, Enzo's cooking dinner. Let's go set the table, yeah?" He says and I nod my head, standing up from the couch as I turn off the TV.

I hate setting the table. Just grab a plate and sit somewhere. No need to set an entire table. I've always hated it since I was a kid. But I set the table almost every day, so I guess I'm getting used to it.

After setting the table I walk back into the kitchen, to see if Enzo might need any help with cooking dinner.

"Could you just wash the tomatoes and cut them up, then just give them to me so I can put it all together." He says as I take the tomatoes and do as I'm told.

"So, are we making Pasta?" I ask him, washing the tomatoes. Lasagne is his favourite dish, and whenever he makes it he uses his great-grandmother's recipe, which is absolutely delicious. It's to die for.

"Yes, but not just any pasta, a special recipe. I'm adding a little extra to it, some kind of a hidden gem my great-grandmother has kept a secret from my entire family. I only find out a while ago when I went through some old stuff." He says after putting everything together in a pan as I see the other pan with pasta boiling.

"Where are you from?" I ask him, wondering which country or state he's originally from.

"I'm from Croatia, originally. My family moved to Minnesota when I was two years old." He tells me as I'm not entirely shocked. Although I did think he would be from Italy.

"Really? That's so cool! Which city?" I ask him. Croatia has always been my go-to travel place if I were to travel in my life. I love everything about Croatia, the food, the culture, and the people.

I've always heard such good things about the food and the people that I'm desperate to find out, but I haven't had the chance to find out just yet.

"I'm from Rijeka, it's right at sea. I used to go back every year, but I haven't in a while." He says and he seems somewhat lost in his head.

"That sucks, I hope you can go back soon though, I know it's a beautiful city." I say, not wanting to intrude since none of these men would want to talk about their personal lives.

"Have you been?"

"Me? Oh no, no I haven't. I wish to do so one day though if it were to be possible." Which it probably isn't since I'm going to be stuck here till I'm eighty. "Europe always seems so magical, like a fairy tale, you know?"

"I understand what you mean, but I promise you it's not all good, I promise. But you are right, Europe can be magical at times. I hope you can visit one day yourself, I'm sure you would enjoy it."

"Well, then you'd have to let me go." I murmur in a very low voice, making sure he won't hear. At least, I hope he won't.

"I can't do anything about that Amara, I have told you a gazillion times, it's not up to me. The majority of us voted for you to stay here. I wish you all the freedom in the world, you deserve to be, but it seems luck is not on your side this time." He expresses as I scoff, loud enough for him to hear.

"What?" Enzo says, taking the pasta out of the pan and putting them into a nice and unnecessary bowl.

"Is dinner almost ready? I am starving." Xerxes announces himself as he walks into the kitchen.

"When are you not? Be patient it is almost ready. Get the rest of the guys and dinner will be ready." Enzo says before Xerxes nods and walks away.

"You're lucky. We will talk about this later." He whispers in my ear before taking the food with him and disappearing into the dining room.

✿ ✿ ✿

word count: 2000

I don't really like this chapter and it took me forever to write, but whatever.

Hope everyone is doing okay <3